9 50.00%
  • No

5 27.78%
  • Who Cares?

4 22.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Close to being banned list

Close to being banned list

Everyone on the close to being banned list is someone that had like 1 or 2 stupid posts where the thread committed suicide, and then they diddn't post anything after that. So basically, the people on the list are people that have already left, and are people that we don't care about since we haven't seen anything from them in at least a month. I was wondering if after a month if the person doesn't post again they could be removed from the list so more current screw ups could be listed? This could be beneficial because other memebers could click on the name and look up their latest posts and find where all the negging action is currently .

I agree with that, those people just leave the place or create another account, we won't see any of them back under the same nick, so I think it's a good idea to keep the Close to being banned list more up-to-date.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Banned
    Actually I don't see the point in a Close to being banned list, who cares whether someone might be banned soon?

I like the idea of it because sometimes you're looking for an excuse to balance out your antipoint assignments (blunt but true) and the close to being banned list is the first place to look because they've probably done something to deserve being banned....but everyone on the list has been idle for at least a month.

Banned
    But the list is there also a warning for these users that they are close to be being banned, they get a warning anyway on the homepage. I just think we should give them a chance maybe, some people do make mistakes and get negged badly...

But the list is there also a warning for these users that they are close to be being banned, they get a warning anyway on the homepage. I just think we should give them a chance maybe, some people do make mistakes and get negged badly...
    You're right, it's supposed to be a warning to people who are close to being banned....but the only people on the list right now are the people who came closest to being banned and then either left or got a new nickname.....look at the profiles of the people on that list and you'll see how most of them only have 1 or 2 posts where the thread went suicidal and then they never posted again. Everyone on the list now is someone who came as close as you can possibly get to being banned without actually being banned, and then left.....the problem this causes is that those names take up the slots on the list and now real users that are close to being banned never even show up on the list before they're banned, which is the #1 reason why I think the list should be kept a little more current. I was half-kidding about us knowing who to go after if we wanted to balance out our antipoint assignments....the real reason is that the list has lost its functionality and I like the idea of it being there. It's true that the site doesn't *need* the list, but like so many other things about the site, it's an amenity that's nice to have.

Banned
    I guess so, whether this will actually happen, well thats another story altogether!

BIOS Bomber
    Originally posted here by Ennis
    Actually I don't see the point in a Close to being banned list, who cares whether someone might be banned soon?
    Personally, if I see someone on the list (once or twice so far) that hasnt been there for like 85 years just sitting there, then I might give them an extra chance instead of negging. I mean the guy is right, they arent coming back, they might as well be banned. And even if they did come back, they might as well just sign up for a new account because, let's be honest here, who would want to come back with a disadvantage like that when they could just sign up for a new account and start off fresh?
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

We could limit the list to users whose last activity falls within a specified range... perhaps the last 6 months? the last year?

Opinions?

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

I think six months is a reasonable amount of time. If they ever decide to come back they can always sign up as a new user which I think it would be better for them because those names are most likely on someones hit list.