Thread: pc problem

pc problem

Hello guys,
    I have some problems with my pc.
    1 time by bios password was automatically removed.
    My system is restarted after 20-25 minutes automatically without any warning. I have to connect(internet) again and again.
    I have changed two hard disk with different OS, but problem is same.
    sometime my system is halted, and no movement.
    I also changed my battery cell on motherboard.
    Please tell me, what can be the problem.
    thanks,

PUNJABIAN263

Maybe your mobo or cpu is overheating? Is your box overclocked? Make sure all the fans are working properly.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Yep, I agree with El-Half this definitly looks like a temperature or cpu / mem problem
    Check your cooling fans.

A box that freezes after some load can also be due to the video card, keep an eye on that one too.

Could you post your System Spec's?

It is obviously a hardware fault, prob as everyone says, mem/cpu but it could be a power fluxuation type fault.

possible PSU prob?

I was thinking more along the lines of fluctuating electricity.

A brownout! I couldnt think of the word!

Nokia may have a point there. I always use surge protectors but if the problem is a "brownout" (sudden drop in current), that won't help.

So, do the room lights flicker just before your machine crashes? if it is your power supply you need a small UPS, or capacitor equiped line conditioner to carry you through the fluctuations.
    you might try running the machine in another building to confirm this?

Go into the BIOS (run setup at boot-up time) and DISABLE all power saving options (it just might be that simple )

You might check the temperature theory by running the machine with the case off and a large domestic fan blowing over the MoBo.......................if it runs quite a bit longer, that would confirm a temperature problem?

EDIT...please check the automatic temperature cut off settings in your BIOS, if there are any..........what are they set at?

Just a few thoughts

Cheers