Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fan failure

Dell Dimension 8200... what a peice of crap.

I have one that is 3 months old and I've already replaced the processor, motherboard, memory, powersupply and cdrom. Its pretty much a brand new system and the damn thing is "picky" about when it wants to work. It'll work fine for 3 days... then won't even turn on for one day then work for 2 days... then off for 2 days. Dell doesn't know why its screwed up and I told them that I'm not dealing with this **** anymore... send me a new PC. So, I have one on the way.

Do you still have your warranty? What have dell reps said about your problem?

They have tons of docs on problems for the 8200... to the point that they are asking me dozens of questions about known problems with the 8200.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Problem found...my fan died :P at least NOW it did....it was working before ha ha. Now I can just replace it =/ if that doesn't work. I'll stab that thing. I think my warranty ran out too

Well, that is a easy problem to fix. You can pick up a new fan for less than US$10. Just nake sure you get the same size with the same motherboard connection. Some also come with the standard power connector that you use to connect hard drives and cdroms. Hopefully you have an extra one.

Best of luck with your 8200. Hopefully you don't run into all the problems I've had.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I had a 8200 once, but typical for a Dell after a week's worth of uptime it decided that it didn't want to work anymore.
    Since then when ever some one brings one into be repaired i just giggle to myself and think of the saying There's a sucker born every 5 seconds and that Dell are really cashing in on 'em..

Fr0nTy

Ha! More 8200 problems. This is AFTER they sent me a whole different computer.

So, now they're sending me a mobo and power supply...

This is REALLY getting old...