Thread: IP tracking

IP tracking

I came here looking for info about if someone was stalking me, could they find out my name from my IP address? I'm on dial up and the IP address changes everytime, but I just wanted to know.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Could they find out your name? not really. I mean if they gained control of the ISP routers, they could determine what phone number you were dialing in from, then if they had access to the ISP servers they could determine your login, and then if they got control of other servers, they might be able to get your name. But it would be a LOT of work and very difficult to do. It would have to be someone that really knew what they were doing and that person would really want to get to you for some reason.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

this is sorta thinking outside the box a bit, but what about social engineering?

a nslookup query on the ip could provide the stalker with the name of the ISP. Said stalker then calls the isps' tech-support, talks to some moron claiming he's an authority of the law and they need the name and address of the person that was on such and such IP at whatever time.

Granted thats the EXTREME scenario, I think you have other things to worry about if someone is that determined to find out who you are.

Not sure about how he got your IP, but you could switch ISPs..its a hassle, but at least you'll be on a completely new range IP addresses in some address pool.

hope i didn't scare you

Hmm......
    hope i didn't scare you
    you must have really pissed someone off lol

Can anyone know about our name, address etc. from the IP address??
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

Originally posted here by phaza7
    Hmm......

you must have really pissed someone off lol
    Not me...I was just thinking on the extreme side of things.

You wont be able to find a name, address etc... from an ip address from an isp. On the other hand if you registered a domain it would include your name, address, telephone number etc... Then if the person new your websites address they could do a whois on it and find the info.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

thanks BOB...
    i got it now!!

Riya
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

Well Y would any 1 pay for a web site ...... if not for work...... U can just find all U want for free.
    Who need MySQL... PHP.... JAVA.... Just use Java script.... u can do everything ther... ther is also a way to get a Database to work... wia e_mial >I read that some wer I cant remeber how coz I dont use it any way< coz I dont need Databases>

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    ummm I have no idea what you said

but the most import reason to pay for an IP is because you want the domain name.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman