Thread: some sick puppies

some sick puppies

In response, city council unanimously approved an emergency ordinance making it illegal to conduct a suicide for commercial or entertainment purposes, and illegal to host, promote and sell tickets for such an event.
    http://www.canoe.ca/EdmontonNews/es.es-09-30-0038.html

Uh, I uh, um uh...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I read that story this morning. IIRC the band, Hell on Earth, was going to broadcast via the web a person who is terminally ill committing suicide. I wonder if it was a case of euthanasia would it still be held by this law (regardless of local euthanasia laws).

What I think is more disturbing is that people want to see this. It reminds me of an episode of Millenium where the serial killer killed his victims online when the website hit counter reached a certain count. Our society wants more and more thrills.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Hi,

At the risk of seeming totally cynical.................

Did the politicos object on moral grounds?...................or because they had not worked out how to tax/earn revenue from it?

I have absolute faith in politicians, don't you all

Cheers

I guess violence in movies and tv shows are not enough for some people They want more I don't know why anyone would want to view someone else having their life taken away for real but it is their choice if they want to view it or not.

Banned
    nihil i guess it would be a moral issue, even if not personally for the politicians lets face it nobody is going to support any politician that lets this go ahead, especially the majority who vote for them and they arent in the age or type of people who listen to this 'band'

Ennis,

You are probably right that current politicos will take an "apparent" moral stand.......but I bet there are "weak objectors" within their ranks who go the other way for when public attitude changes.

History has a strange habit of repeating itself. Over 2000 years ago, the Emperors of Rome held on to power by supplying the masses with "circuses" or bloody spectacles. They also knew how to sell franchises, and make money out of them.

I notice your AO name, I have family just outside Newmarket on Fergus....do you know the place?

Cheers