Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Router Question.

I have already stated in this thread that I have my router set on the appropriate setting of "obtain ip address automatically (dhcp)"

Unless you can switch it over to static and guess an empty number owned by my ip, but I don't think that would work or be legal would it?

I think if you go to run and type in "winipcfg" or "ipconfig" there are release all and renew all buttons. Those should do the trick.
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

if your router is set on dhcp as according to the manual 1st reset it then try to connect if this fails try to telnet to your router internal address and ping a computer on the internet eg ping www.ireland.com if this works then your comps aint set up right make sure they are set so that the defaullt gateway is the routers internal ip check network cables etc if you cant get a ping then then check cables for the router the only other thing i can think of at this point is to email their support at support@linksys.com <support@linksys.com>
    \"An eye for an eye and the world would be blind\"
    (I dunno who said this)

sniper0wolf0 told me it was Ghandi Thanks

I think if you go to run and type in "winipcfg" or "ipconfig" there are release all and renew all buttons. Those should do the trick.
    Yeah, I did that too, no changes.

The link you gave me cytex was for the setup of three other types of linksys routers, not the befsx41. I don't think it matters too terribly much though.

Ya i know the model number you gave me werent on their website so i figured they would be pretty much the same as they look like to be in the same series can you ping out from the router is the link light on the router on
    (I dunno who said this)

Yes, the link light is steady.

and can you ping out from the router itself you should be either able to telnet to it or their should be an option in the webpage of the router
    (I dunno who said this)

Sorry for the off-topic subject but,
    Why does Striek not have a member status? Is this only me, or is it some kinda glitch like with the signatures?

-Ep
    01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100100000010000100110010101110100011101000111100100100001

umm...Another thing you could try is tryping in your ip adress into your browers. Some routes give you the ability to edit thier options that way.
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

Because I'm special.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!