Securify

Thread: Securify

Securify

Hi All

I recently came across SecureVantage (Securify.com , founded by Taher Elgamal ) and am interested in how it works.

Can someone either tell me where i can download for free the commercial product to study further or if anyone can tell me indepth how it works (since its ment to help fix known vunerabilities. I just really want to know how it works, how / what it manages to fix known vunerabilites let alone what it looks for.

by the looks of it, its just an high end IDS system. by the looks of the specification its outta the price range of most buisness`s let alone home users. From what i can tell they don`t actaully sell just the software on its own they sell the whole bundle, hardware with the software already installed.

By the way its not the best of ideas to be asking for copies of commercial software on these boards, alot of the users take a dim view of piracy.

mark

Well there may be some good free products on the web. Just enter the description of the product in google and search.

Homenet: He wasnt asking for pirated software. he did say free product.
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    SecureVantage is a hardware / software combo. They install the appliance - or appliances as the need requires - and the software connects to it.

It does network discovery and mapping. You have to start by giving it a baseline. It will monitor network traffic and you can use the dump from that monitoring to establish what is "normal".

Rather than relying solely on signatures or definitions like many IDS systems, SecureVantage lets you define rules based on normal activity and the software will block / alert or perform whatever action you give it when it sees anomylous behavior.

For instance, if you know that a certain machine does not accept FTP connections or has no reason to accept FTP connections you might have a rule that says that the admin should be alerted if a device tries to initiate an FTP connection to that machine. This method would theoretically catch more than just known attacks.

The application is nice and the software and reports are pretty slick. I think it is probably cost prohibitive for most small and maybe even medium companies. There is most likely no "trial" or "evaluation" that you can just download to test it out. You can arrange for a free pilot demonstration (which we did) if you are serious.

Let me know if you want a contact. You can PM me and I will send you the contact info for the gentleman we dealt with.

FWIW- we did not go forth with this product. However, it was a budgetary decision and not a comment on the efficacy of the SecureVantage product per se.

Hope that helps-

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    They have a remote monitoring site. So a person at your comapny is not the one watching your IDS, someone ot Securify is. Now lets say they are monitoring 100 networks. IF 2 or 3 networks start getting the same type of intrusions, they anaize it really close. From that point, they can send an update out to all 100 networks to watch for, report, and stop that type of intrusion.

There are a couple of companies that do this. Thats what the whole symantic (security focus) threatcon thing is about. They are basing it on the number of signatures they see on multiple IDS systems that they monitor.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Limpster = actually if you look carefully he says "where i can download for free the commercial product".
    I`m not moaning at him for it, i doubt theirs any one who can honestly say they`ve never used a piece of pirate software, i was just trying to do him a favour and save him from certain other members bitching at him.

mark