Your primestar satellite dish is a wireless antenna!

Thread: Your primestar satellite dish is a wireless antenna!

Post Your primestar satellite dish is a wireless antenna!

I haven't tried constructing one yet, and I'm sure some people here have seen this, but in case some of the newer people haven't....check this out.

Primestar Wireless Antenna

now I just gotta find one of those satellite dishes. I have an extra DirecTV dish, but it isn't as big, so I would imagine the gain wouldn't be as high.

*runs and gets tools*

I have been using an old Galaxy satellite dish (defunct pay-tv carrier from Oz) to do my wireless for a few months now and it works a treat.

It's an 80cm dish with the 2.4Ghz feedhorn .... rain, hail and a few trees doesn't stop this baby !!!

There is a wireless guru in a neighbouring suburb who does all the mod's really cheaply .... he took the old dish, did the mods and gave it back to me on the same day - the most expensive part of the exercise was the cabling and connectors.

Edit: I should say I stumbled onto the site you have linked while investigating the propect of setting up a wireless network .... it was the one that gave me the idea which came to be the real thing.

The story of my wireless adventure is here, complete with pic of the sat dish.