Thread: C++

C++

Hello all! I have a question about c++ ... I want to read the parallel port, but for this i must use pc.h, 'cause it conteins inportb() function ... Can somebody help me to find this file or tell me other way to read the port?

Did you trying searching google for it?
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

YEs

Yeah! I tried a couple of times, but ... nothing

Re: C++

Originally posted here by Barov4e
    Hello all! I have a question about c++ ... I want to read the parallel port, but for this i must use pc.h, 'cause it conteins inportb() function ... Can somebody help me to find this file or tell me other way to read the port?
    That sounds like it's highly operating system and/or compiler specific.

I suspect that is from some DOS compiler.

In protected-mode OSs you can't read the parallel port directly in this manner. You have to either use the proper method of accessing the parallel port driver (which may not do what you want), or gain direct I/O access.

Slarty

RE

And how can i direct access the port ... I tried with asm, but i shows me error"privileged operation"

Try this link it may help you.
    http://www.control.com/1026180074/index_html
    Mad Beaver

pls specify the OS u are programming in???
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Re: C++

Originally posted here by Barov4e

Use this link. It covers the topic of reading/writing to the parport. It also contains a custom library which contains specific exportable functions for Parallel I/O. http://www.logix4u.net/inpout32.htm

RE

10x a lot men )) Drink a beer from me :P