Help Desk Software - Is It Secure

Thread: Help Desk Software - Is It Secure

Help Desk Software - Is It Secure

I am working on my SANS-GSEC certification. My paper topic is that Problem Tracking Software is great for help desks, but not well designed for use in the security area. Ex: Patient Health Information, SSNs, incident response, inappropriate web use, etc. Anyone have other items that would be considered sensitive that you would not put into problem tracking software?

~Nimh
    Those who speak of what they know... find out too late that prudent si-lence was wise.
    --Madame Giry, Phantom of the Opera

Phone Numbers, Last names, addresses....things like these could be used against people. For example they could be used to stalk a person.
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

Payroll
    Personnel Data
    Trading/Dealing Data (Stocks, Bonds, Currency, Commodities)
    Anything classified under national security regulations
    Anything containing credit card information

Just a few thoughts