Microsoft VS Google?

Thread: Microsoft VS Google?

Exclamation Microsoft VS Google?

Haha, heres a laugh. Maybe they should keep with thier OS.

Chairman Bill Gates, Chief Executive Steve Ballmer and a handful of other executives sat down in February to answer a question asked countless times before in the world's largest software maker's 28-year history. Should Microsoft build or buy?

What they decided was to build technology that would eventually surpass Google Inc.'s ability to sift through the Web and return results relevant enough to make it the top Internet search destination.
    Jupiter Research analyst Joe Wilcox, however, said that with its large concentration of software talent and nearly $50 billion in cash, Microsoft could out-invest any competitor for years.

The company is "very, very serious about search," he said.

At the core of Microsoft's decision is a belief that search technology is still in its infancy. "Search engines are doing a good job but not a perfect job," said Koenigsbauer, adding most search results today "don't deliver the results people are looking for."
    Source CNN(http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne...eut/index.html)
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Even if MS made something that was better than Google in the search field (yeah right, rofl), it would no doubt be tied to IE, explorer.exe, fail miserably at key times, and crash the whole OS.

I don't use IE, I replace most of everything provided MS has on their OS with 3rd party programs that do a better and more efficient job, and google.com is my main search.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

haha....I would but that might crash my computer. Seems like microsoft doesnt want 2rd party programs so they make everything crash and blame it on those programs.
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

If it dosent crash yet wait for the next winblows update to come out
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein
    --The road to hell is paved with good intentions.--

<<quote>>At the core of Microsoft's decision is a belief that search technology is still in its infancy. "Search engines are doing a good job but not a perfect job," said Koenigsbauer<<quote>>

I think M$ should first concentrate on building a perfect OS before building a perfect search engine.... But if they did build their own search engine, folks can have fun exploiting the same buffer overflows that seem to appear in every other Microsoft POS POS (piece of **** piece of software).

alpha

I think M$ should first concentrate on building a perfect OS before building a perfect search engine
    Even if they concentrated on it, they couldnt build a perfect search engine or a perfect OS.LOL

M$ just wants to get ther hands into everything so they can charge us more for the OS for adding all the 'features' in.

most search results today "don't deliver the results people are looking for."
    Someone should tell him that their OS doesnt even deliver the results people are looking for.

Even if they concentrated on it, they couldnt build a perfect search engine or a perfect OS.LOL
    Good point...