Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: social engineering links or tutortials/examples?

social engineering links or tutortials/examples?

I was looking for some social engineering links and examples google doesnt seem to be of much help.

You could try www.astalavista.com, is theres not enough on there for you look at the bottom of the page, there are many links to good sites.
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

ive already looked at a lot of the stuff there on it

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Who are you trying to socially engineer..... Anyone in particular? You schools sysadmin for example, or maybe the principal's secretary.... that would be a nice password.....

Sorry for the cynicism..... You're question was kinda "open ended" and I'm in a "pissy mood".... If you have good reason for asking then please elucidate - I'm sure we can help you....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

lol...nice sig by the way
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

New Order

there are a few articles, but they might some links you haven't looked at to other sources.
    t.e.k.n.o.

Got tons of info, even taught a short class on it...but like Tiger Shark said: why do you want to know? Who you trying to hack?

Im not trying to hack anyone im just interested in sociology... and taking advantage of people.

Social engineering is an information retreving method from the victim. There is ton of ways you can retreive information (I won't go into too much details because this is a security web site and we all are here for one reason. Keep melicious kid out of business , but the most effective one is just to call the victim in the big corporation. Where hundreds of employees are working and it is almost impossible to keep information handy about each employee. The art of social engineering is depend on your acting skills, how good are you at it. There are different services you can use for SE attack like telephone, email, chating inthe different rooms using different messenger services or if you are extreemly good you can just simply walk into the office building and could get benefit of your skills . You should definetly have two qualities in you:
    1. Friendly, good communication skills
    2. Good technical knowledge.
    But don't get so excited, as most of the top corporate security experts are already passed through the ways you are walking through, they know about the risks and they already have applied security policies which protect their servers and their clients from social engineering. But try, may be you will get lucky. Since a whole lot of small businesses are still thinks that they don't need security experts.