Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cable Modem Question (Help ASAP)

I have it reset right now I will restart...

Probably not relevant, as I use adsl (no cable in the backwoods here ) I had a similar problem and had to delete and re-install the modem software. It appeared to have got corrupted somehow.

Cheers

If you using windows XP, theres no need to clutter you system with the ISP software. Use the new connection wizard.
    =

There is no software with Comcast guys. Thats why I told him to call the ISP.

I learn something new everyday.
    =

Gore is right in asking you to call your ISP as I have cable also. when there is a problem and you havent changed anything, try shutting off everything and then powering on again. if that doesnt help, then call the isp. they should be able to guide you through truobleshooting it and also tell you if there is an outage in the area.

someone asked for the ip config cos if you cannot contact the dhcp server, your default ip assigned would be 169.254.x.x. This could help narrow down the list of problems that could be affecting your connection.

I'm gonna have to agree with gore on this one. I'd say thiere's a 99.5% chance this is an outage or service issue. Did you walk over to your tv to see if your cable television still worked?
    Malefactoris vester ante accedo...
    ~Arcani

There is no outage in the area...Sometimes it will do it and it will come back in 5 min. But its still saying finding site right now.

just out of curiosity, is you cable tv kinda fuzzy or blurry?
    =

What i have found is sometimes the cable modem does not sync up correctly. So what you may want to try to do is completely shutdown your computer. Then after it is down pull the power cord on your modem. (dont use the power or reset) Then after 30 sec or so plug it back in and wait for all lights to go solid and the ethernet light to start blinking. Boot up your computer when this happens and check your ip. This is what tech support will have you do first. Also check all physical connections and make sure everything is secure.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"