Thread: The new SCSI?

The new SCSI?

I heard there is a new/better SCSI? better than Ultra 320 is this true and where can I find info on it?
    --
    Adam

where did u hear this ?

When u get mor info. please let us know

Cheers
    antisecurityboy

I read on toms hardware (www.tomshardware.com) that Apple released a new standard for SCSI over IP. Think about the implications of that. How cool!

The other new SCSI I heard about is basically to compete with SATA, they named it something like serial scsi or something, supposedly ups the throughput of the scsi interface some more.

But SCSI over IP! Dude, once motherboards support booting from scsi ip you could potentially boot to your own computer from anywhere in the world, provided you had a static ip on your 'host'.

I read something about this a while back in IT Week..
    Try http://www.itweek.co.uk/News/1140360

<-------------------snip from VNU press---------------->
    Developments in serial interfaces are bringing faster access. New Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (Sata) technologies promise similar speed toFibre Channel storage area network (SAN) technology, but at a much lower price.

SAS, which should be available next year, runs SCSI protocols over a serial interface in much the same way as Fibre Channel operates. It can also be used with ATA drives, providing more flexibility.
    <-------------------/snip from VNU press---------------->

I could be wrong, but that sounds like iSCSI.

maybe this can shed some light on the subject.

Definately sounds cool tho.
    t.e.k.n.o.