Default stream player...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Default stream player...

Default stream player...

Hello everyone,
    Here is a problem to discuss.Well I want to change my default mp3 player that is Windows Media Player in Windows XP. As this Windows Media Player is Memory eater monster and it takes most of the resources while getting initalised or getting started. I want to change it to WinAmp 2.91 player. When I installed Winamp it recognised all these mp3 files in my local drive and conert it to default winamp files. Now they play in Winamp. Problem is, When I want to stream some song from (as my local cable internet provider have tons of mp3z on a local server that can be accesses through www)some source, it pulls out that default Windows Media Player memory hungry application. Moreover Windows Media player is unable to stream them. These files (to be streamed) are also mp3z.I wanto to stream them in winamp files. Moreover I ve heard that mp3z file are not usually streamed but i used to stream them on Windows Media Player. Please go to http://mp3.magic.net.pk:8080 and if anyone is successfull in streaming these mp3z into winamp instead of Windows Media Player, Please do tell me. Thank you
    ommy

In the winamp preferences you should be able to choose which files are run in winamp by default. I think that streaming may be a seperate checkbox under the listbox. Good Luck
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

I belive that your problem is that its just set for default music player. Follow Limpster's suggestion and it should be fixed.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

well...the problem is'nt solved. i opened winamp right click>>options>>preference>>file types
    and there were all files selected. But still for streaming application IE pulls out Windows Media Player. This problem may sound very small, but i am intrested in discovering the solution that how to change it . That really bugs me up.
    Thanks
    Ommy

Try uninstalling windows media player?
    If you dont want it to play anything, might as well uninstall the "memory eater"

Go to your control panel >> add / remove programs >> and uninstall your windows media player.

Get some plugins for winamp that allows it to play WMA files (if it wasnt included)

IE settings

Actually,

You might also want to check the file type associations in Windows. Open a folder on your PC and check under Tools -> Folder Options and then the "File Types" tab. It may be Windows messing with you.

Cheers,

BrainStop
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

Umm..Well BrainStop didnt get you exactly....I opened the File Types tab and there were lots of file extensions that include mpeg,m3u etc. Can removing any entries from the list would help. What do you say?

1- Just go to ur win.ini file and change the association of MP3 files to winamp

Cheers
    antisecurityboy

If your winamp isnt working another program i like that you could use is QCD player. IT can even save streams. Search for it at http://www.download.com
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

hey guys still didnt get it worked. How can i change the association of files in win.ini
    i dont know how to d o it...Really in trouble..does anyonw know how to uninstall Windows Media Player. Its not there in control panel>>add/remove
    help me out
    ommy