help needed

Thread: help needed

Banned

help needed

helo all, i am having some problems with my computer. (load chuckles from some) anyway i had recently updated my email program from incredimail, and since then i have been unable to send/receive any email at all. Also the screen has been freezing whenever i open this program. I have scanned with updated norton a/v, ad-aware, spybotsearch and destroy and found nothing. I have tried to remove incredimail from add/remove programs setting and cannot remove it, even after re-install. I have tried to do a system restore and each restore point fails to do this. I have not changed the system restore settings at all and it has not been disabled. Also on the main page here, i dont see any topics, what have i done to my p/c or is it infected. All assistance greatly appreciated. TidaLphasE23.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Have you checked their website on the issue of receiving/sending email? http://www.incredimail.com/english/h...eshooting.html

This Google search should help you with the specifics. You could delete the necessary registry keys based on the MS Knowledge Base Article here.

Hope this helps somewhat.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I have used Incredimail before and I experienced a lot of weird problems. Since then, I have switched to Eudora which is excellent.

"Also on the main page here, i dont see any topics" -->> You can refresh the page to see if it helps. You may want to attach a screenshot of the main page here.

Banned
    Thanks for the quick responses, i am now seeing the topics on the first page, but in huge icons and a half fuzzy screen. Why is my system restore not working? I tried restoring back a month and it wont work. I hit the delete key after re-boot and enabled top performance and some temperature warnings, my machine screamed when restarted and i quickly changed these settings back. When i restarted i got a screen saying that windows encountered an error or something like that and gave me a choice to restart or return to a previous time when windows was running normal. I chose the latter and now have a fuzzy screen and oversized icons. Can all this be fixed? Where should i start as my faithfull sys.restore aint happy. thanks. TidaLphasE23..

It seems your Display driver is corrupted... Request you to kindly start machine in safe mode and change the display settings... it still the problem persists... try reinstalling your display driver...... I feel issue is either of changed display setting or corrupt display driver..

Personally I have found incredimail to be very resource hungry........ I crunches on all available memory.......

Had tried it for couple of hours.. but had to uninstall...... again does not configure well if u are using Cable connection.....

Regards

Kalp
    ****** Any man who knows all the answers most likely misunderstood the questions *****