ICANN puts the smack down on Verisign

Thread: ICANN puts the smack down on Verisign

ICANN puts the smack down on Verisign

In a letter released today ICANN has formally demanded a stop to Verisigns SiteFinder/DNS wildcard on the .com and .net domains. ICANN has informed Verisign they have until tomorrow (October 4) to discontinue this service.

The letter can be found here

I'm interested to see what Verisigns response will be.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Finally, ICANN is doing their jobs!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

well I noticed over the weekend that Verisign had NOT removed their wildcards. I noticed this on the 5th, a day after the ICANN deadline for the removal of wildcards.

Lets see what they decide to do now.

<EDIT>

well strike that. I just saw that Verisign did indeed pull the plug... you can see the article from the Register here

oh I found this humorous

"Without so much as a hearing, ICANN today formally asked us to shut down the SiteFinder service," said Russell Lewis in a statement. "We will accede to the request while we explore all of our options." Somewhat rich considering VeriSign introduced SiteFinder without consulting a soul.
    </EDIT>

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

[gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

heh, not to be mean or anything, but my post was on Oct 3 at around 9am, your second post there came in at 8pm... almost 12 hours later.

so if you are going to try to point out that I should have done a search on this before I posted then perhaps I should be so kind as to do the same for you.

Admittedly your second post was before my second post, but I did a quick scan on the front page and didn't see it so I simply responded to my original post.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

oh...lol...oops
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

Heh........Dunno what to say about you two........
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.

I hate when I do **** like that...lol