Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cpu Fail?

Exclamation Cpu Fail?

Im not sure, never burned out a processor, if that happened. The other day i took out one of my NICS, had two in, and tried booting. But recently on my AOPEN mobo board w/ AMD duron 700 just stopped working. The puter POSTS and runs through BIOS just fine and dandy finds everything fine, the cpu and disks. But if i try to boot xp it gives me this error, A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Technical Information: *** STOP 0x0000000A (0x00000420. 0x000000FF. 0x00000000, 0x804E9DA9)
    Beginning dump of physical memory.
    Physical memory dump complete.

I have never seen this before, it doesnt even go near the boot seq, for xp, I tried booting red hat 8 on it, and gives me a kernel panic. Any help would be nice. Thanx

IF it was a CPU failure, you wouldn't even get past teh post.

Microsoft support site. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...d_stp_hwpg.asp

Looks like it might have something to do with a incompatible driver or something along that extent.

Can you boot into safe mode?
    =

nope

no cant even boot to safe mode, its gives me once again another blue screen with this:
    STOP: c0000135 {Unable to locate componet}
    This application has failed to start b/c winsrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Should i try to boot to dos w/ win98 boot disk w/ no ram disk and try to redo eveything on the box? I couldnt even get to the x installer for red hat 8 before the kernel panic. This box has never done this before. Thanx

It sounds to me like a hard drive problem. But trust me. It's not the chip. I burned a p4 2.4 a couple months back when I didn't notice the 1mm space between the CPU and the heatsink. There was no thermal paste on the heatsink at all, but it was still on the chip. It took all of 10 seconds. Sounds like the system is detecting the hard drive in question on the control pins, but the data pins are somehow not transmitting / recieveing. Try a different IDE cable, or maybe it's just a loose one or a bent/broken pin.

P.S. Yeah... That's right. The Thermaltake Volcano 7 does NOT fit on a P4 board... despite the product advertising. And they only warrant the cost of the product, not the chip thier false advertising and substandard engineering burnt. It was half may fault too, I know, but still... it was half thiers, too. (sorry, just venting... that was a $250 (cdn.) mistake)
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Your best bet would be to probably reinstall your system. If you have a XP disk then I'd just put it in the drive and boot from that. then install windows again. But just for kicks, try putting the NIC you took out back in.
    =

Dunno why the hdd is being blamed.. system files lost or corrupted.. take cheyenne1212 advice.. BTW you won't get far with a win98 boot disk.. unless you have installed XP with the FAT32 file system.. and if thats the case.. no bloody wonder your having problems..
    Warm install.. loose some of yer progs.. but keep your data.. backup what you can.. of yoiur data.. format the hdd in NTFS.. clean install Win.. you could risk running the system after the warm install.. but I dont recommend it..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

It's the error messages like

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    and
    STOP: c0000135 {Unable to locate componet}

I also had a hard drive give blue screens when setting up my current box. It was just a pin that wasn't connecting properly on the hard drive. The BIOS could see the hard drive, but couldn't transmit to or from it. But I did find this online:

0528 ยป Stop: c0000135 {Unable to Locate DLL}.

If you receive the subject message at start up, the file is either missing from %SystemRoot%\System32 or the Software Hive of your registry is corrupt.

There are various ways to fix the problem:

1. Use tip 181 to copy the file from the CD-ROM. You may have to reapply your latest Service Pack.

2. Boot to an alternate install of Windows NT and look in the original \System32. If the file is missing, copy it from the alternate install or expanded Server Pack (SPName.exe /X).

3. Check the Software Hive for corruption by booting to an alternate install of Windows NT and loading the original Software Hive using tip 182. When locating the Software Hive, it is the Software file with the Windows Icon, not the Notepad icon. If you receive a Registry Editor could not load ..... message, the software Hive is corrupt. You must restore the registry or run a repair / repair registry files.

Guess I was wrong.

Source

/edit/

And

Additional Information:

The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Stop 0x0000000A errors are able to be generated by both software and hardware issues. The message indicates that a kernel mode process or driver attempted to access a memory address that it did not have access to.
    Source

/edit/
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Only thing I found from M$ relative was:
    Blue Screen STOP Message C0000135 Appears at Startup

Did you remove the NIC from the control panel ( system/hardware/device manager ) before you shut down and removed it ?

Maybe you might try reinstalling it, then removing the drivers for the second NIC first, before you physically remove it.

XP does not like hardware changes!

AS far as Linux, were they different NICs ? If you have two of the same type NICs the drivers will be loaded as modules, but may be part of the kernel if they are not of the same type.

Why did you remove the second NIC ??
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Its definetly not the processor.

I think this has nothing to do with hardware, and its more of a s/w problem

Just re-install ur OS and hopefuly u will be ok.

Cheers
    antisecurityboy

If it doesn't boot in safe mode, its likely hardware. A bad memory stick can cause this error, and is pretty easy to troubleshoot, provided you have more than 1 stick in your box, or some spares laying around.

One caveat to that though, where does it give the STOP message when you boot, particularly in safe mode?