Thread: spaces in location and mood

spaces in location and mood

not sure if this is a bug or it's my display or what have you, but there is a space right before the last 'L' in my location and where the reason for my mood is, there is a space right before 'Y'

I've noticed this with other people too, but I'm not sure if it's me or in fact a bug.

am I crazy
    t.e.k.n.o.

Banned
    'Tis a bug *edit/ or maybe not \edit*

I didn't know about that, sumdumguy, but it could very well be true

wait a minute, neg.. I thought I remembered something about JP intentionally doing that.. maybe to prevent some exploit in the number of characters in a row ?

lol.. my turn to edit..
    I don't really know how my limited memory capacity could recall anything about this.
    we've been living with it for so long.. and frankly searching AO's database still is horrible.. many threads from before april 2002 just won't show.. but that's another bug entirely..

I found this one that MIGHT.. be it.. Terr wrote it.. maybe he had conversions with JP about it.. or can some other AO "old fart" remember ?

it was about the mood feature but jp might of realized that the other fields were subject to it as well.
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=162521

ok...i tried a few things and here is what i came up with.

seems as long as I don't use the "/" im alright. Although I used 'blahblahblahblah' as a test, and it put a space before the last 'h'. That string is 8 characters, but Cheynne (hope you don't mind being made exampe of ) i believe has 'Down South' as a location and that's 10 characters including the space. Only thing I can think of is that there has to be a space somewhere in that string, if there isn't then one is inserted after the last character. If that was true then that doesn't explain the mood part of it. cause my reason has a space in both lines of text and it still places a space right before the last character.

I know im probably making this into something bigger than it really is, but I was just trying to figure out why it was doing that.

Its no big deal, not like the end of the world or anything, figured I'd ask just in case it was a bug and I wasn't being retarded.

Thanks.
    t.e.k.n.o.

I found it.. here's where JP says it was changed..
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=226694

Terr really had pointed it out much earlier..

thanks!!

t.e.k.n.o.