Thread: another stupid sharing problem

another stupid sharing problem

i'm sharing a folder from win2k to another... i've copied lot of files from the share to local HD for backup. the problem is that some files simply won't go... i get the error msg saying that the file is used or premmision prolem. i set the "everyone" w/ all the premmisions on the share folder so i don't know why only some files have this problem... any ideas
    i\'m the guy who bitched out a girl about writting poems in General Chat... Now everyone thinks I hate women and that I\'m gay ... live and learn ... hehe

It means exactly what it says which is ia another program is using the file. Windows cannot copy a file when it is being used. Do you have any programs open when your copying the file. What file is it?
    =

ok i realize that you are trying to help me but you don't have to assume that'm retarded...

no nothing is using the file on the server...

i set the premmisions for the share folder to be "everyone" full access ... is it possible that all the files didn't inherit the correct premmisions... if so why
    i\'m the guy who bitched out a girl about writting poems in General Chat... Now everyone thinks I hate women and that I\'m gay ... live and learn ... hehe

I don't think your retarded. lol

I don't think its a permissions issue. Is this a system file that your trying to copy? You might also open up task manager and close all processes that you don't need then try it again. If that doesn't work, then you might try booting into safe mode with networking enabled and try to copy it that way.
    =