Thread: win messed up my file types grrrrr

Blast From the Past

Angry win messed up my file types grrrrr

i recently installed win word 97 having found it at a garage sale.
    i didnt like the photo viewer that installed with it. so i uninstalled word 97 and then i lost my color settings (256,16bit,32 bit)and now i cant view jpegs at all, or as thumbnails either. so i reinstalled word 97 and nothing is fixed, how do i get this fixed?

[pong] I Hate Windows!!![/pong]
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

If you have lost all your color settings, you could try re-installing your graphics card driver.

As for not being able to see/open JPegs, if you open a window (any except internet explorer) and got to the tools menu, at the botton you will see Folder Options, select this and go to File Types, have a look at JPeg and see which program is opening them, if it is the wrong one or if nothing is there, highlight JPeg and select change and then just choose what you want to open them with. (mine open with M$ Photo Editor)

This might help, failing that re-install office again.

ps. what o/s are you running?

Blast From the Past
    win 98 se
    my color settings came back after i rebooted again but after i uninstalled word it uninstalled photo viewer with it and i checked the file types and it ses internet explorer but it will only open .jfif or something like that
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger