Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security Downloads List

Security Downloads List

I was thinking that maybe it would be helpful if someone could include a brief description, next to the programs available for download in the Sercurity Tools section, as there are so many of them, unless you know pretty much exactly what the program you want is called, there is a lot of trial and error involved?

Banned
    Well to be honest more important is the fact that they need to be updated, most are pretty obselete these days so I doubt anyone will really bother with descriptions etc.

Fair one, I didnt realize they where out of date, in fact I thought they would be very, up to date for some reason!

Nevermind, just a thought I supose.

Cheers!

Banned
    Nope, most of them are almost archaic. I would however suggest that we should raise it to JupM that the download section is so out and date and contains some really script kiddie downloads. JP never bothered too much about the downloads and I dont think its that important as a section but we shall see.

yeah.. they're quite out of date alright.. and they are probably why we get script kiddies in here confused and thinking it's ok to ask about hacking hotmail and such.

in fact, I've always felt that it was just a marketing ploy on JP's part to attract folks to the site. that and the meta tags he used so it would show high in google.. gotta admit.. it worked.

I'd vote for taking the downloads out

Banned
    Actually I think it is about time to get rid of the downloads too, sumdumguy. They dont really sevre any purpose anymore.

I would like to argue one point for keeping them here. For someone like myself, who has very limited knowledge, I find it useful to study the old tools to see how they work, and how they have evolved.

For example, I have been tinkering with ways to defeat the dial-up password apps that are all over the place. (I know, no big deal. Most here could probably do it with both hands tied behind their back and typing with their nose)...but that's beside the point.

It helps if I can look at the older, simpler programs and see what they do, and follow them from generation to generation. And some of those tools, IMHO, are more useful than ones out today.

That's just my 2 pennies worth.

Yes, I think an upto date section could only benifit people who are already a member of the site and would act as a good "lure", for want of a better word, for people who are not members.

Also when replying to a post 7/10 times you say that such and such a program would resolve your problem, it would be very useful if it was available on the site for download. I know its not hard to find a program on the net and usually people will post a link to the site anyway.

Just a thought is all!

good idea ennis,
    Maybe the fact that the ip locater is totally inaccurate could be brought up also. It should either be fixed or removed. In it's current state it is a small blemish on an otherwise good security site.

yeah.. they're quite out of date alright.. and i hope to add some brief about the software before download...