Another Microsoft Takeover

Thread: Another Microsoft Takeover

AO's Mr Grumpy

Another Microsoft Takeover

I was wondering if any members use Connectix Virtual PC, and their thoughts on the takeover by Microsoft.

[QUOTE]
    As part of the Microsoft acquisition of the Virtual PC and Virtual Server technology and products, Connectix is in the final stages of transitioning the business to Microsoft, and plans to complete this transition by August 15, 2003. After August 15, Microsoft will oversee all future Virtual PC and Virtual Server product development, sales and support. This page will provide important links to Microsoft resources, for both sales and support services. See below for further details. [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Connectix Forums
    Interim forums: As of October 1, 2003 the forums are available on a read-only basis. On November 1, 2003 the forums will no longer be available. [QUOTE]

http://www.connectix.com

Years of experience have gone into these forums , and I myself, have managed to solve lots of problems due to their advice. What happens now? Does all the expertise disappear? Microsoft I believe, are starting their own new forums. I can only recall Visio, as another Microsoft aquisition, and as I have not used it since pre Microsoft, cannot say how it has worked out. As far as I can make out, the Connectix people are also out of a job.
    I would point out that this affects Mac/ PC/Windows/Linux users

Itís a conspiracy I tell ya! ! ! ! Bill Gates is the Antichrist! ! ! He is going to take over the world! ! ! Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! ! ! ! !

Here is his theory. . . . . Buy out. . . . shut down. . . . one step closer to ruining everything. (woops. Typo. . . .. thats running. . . . but ruining sounds so much better) What next?
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill