View Poll Results: What is your fav Linux distro?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Redhat XP

1 8.33%
  • Mandrake, the one thats so easy Tux gives you a hand job...Flipper job, during install.

0 0%
  • Slackware, Because the kernel and a few tools are all you want

1 8.33%
  • Debian, because I\'m leet

0 0%
  • Gentoo, because my name is shrekkie

2 16.67%
  • I like Windows, virii dont bother me.

3 25.00%
  • SuSE

1 8.33%
  • SuSE

0 0%
  • SuSE, because it owns

3 25.00%
  • SuSE, because it owns

1 8.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have Antipoints passed their sell by date?

skelton ::: believe me I've thought of that - wonder how much would fetch on e-bay
    and you dont have to kiss ass to get points - just post something that is usefull

v_Ln

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Neg> are you saying I should actually look at my antipoint center again? I opened it recently, but that was because I clicked on the wrong link.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Any takers http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=2956070214 only 100$ they could be yours!!!!
    Thanks for the idea valhalen , i am so excited that i may soon be able to get a whole bunch of hamburgers for my points!!!!!!!!

edit - as a bonus it is 739 not 722 as reported on the ebay listing
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

ok so if you want $100 for yours that works out as $0.135317997293640054127198917456022 per ap (or there abouts lol) so at same reckoning at same value per point for me I should ask for $661.434370771312584573748308525034 lets round it up to $662 - but then I also have senior member status so make it an even $1000 - then add on fact am on all top10 lists say $200 per list = $1800
    now factor in have been here for 2yrs (there abouts)
    and in a yr i work about 240 days at 7hrs per day
    so i work 1680 hrs a yr - times by 2 for the 2 yrs spent here 3360
    then divide the asking price of $1800 by 3360 works out as about :::
    $0.535 per hr oO

ummmm dont think will give up day job

v_Ln

Anti-points are good and the system works to a fair extent, (coming from someone who's never had a lot of them and probably now never will.

I don't have the money to buy your points off you and I don't see the point anyway (no pun intended). If you guys want to see the system be scrapped then scrap it, if you decide that maybe the system has earned a special lease of life then keep it, either way its up to you.
    Do or do not there is no try.

When you eliminate the imposssible whatever remains however improbable must be the truth.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I got a better idea V and lumpy. Lets start an Antipoint Assinment Aquisition Assossition (AAAA) (and don't mind my shitty spelling). We will just use our accounts and sell greenies to other people. Say, $10 for a dark green dot (first 5) and $50 for a light green dot (last 6). so a newbie that wants 11 greens would pay us $350. We split that between the 3 of us and end up with $115 a person (last $5 goes to business expenses).

Then, if we decide to really expand, we can start selling posts to get them to higher levels.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

But, but but.. JP said we'd be able to trade in our points for AO lunchboxes.. <whine>

*sigh* I guess I'll never get one now..
    ee, that would have been a good reason why AP's would be around to have some incentive to be good. Now these points are just way to have an excuse to bitch.

Toss it. It's past it's expiry date.

Banned
    Very aptly put Drunk On Duvel.

Antipoints are "passed their sell by date". the system that is used to give them out is flawed. so yeah, they don't really serve any purpose anymore other than letting seniors ban newbies that don't read the FAQ's...but, if we get rid of antipoints, then how are we goign to determine who gets banned? So it really just comes back to that fact that antipoints aren't perfect, but they're all we got. And no, i didnt write this just because i don't have a lot of antipoints {shifts eyes back and forth nervously}...no {nervous laugh} of course not...
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Banned
    How do you think the site was run before Antipoints slick? Members were banned much less before Antipoints and maybe there is a reason behind that.