suse 9.0 whos getting it ?

Thread: suse 9.0 whos getting it ?

suse 9.0 whos getting it ?

just ordered suse 9.0 wondering who else was doing the same =)
    chown -r us ./bases

I just paid for college. I'm saving my money. who else is doing the same. lol

I have Suse 8.1 or .3 whatever it is, but haven't had time to check out the latest version yet. ONce you get it installed let me know how it is.
    =

=o

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! When did this come out????????? *Faints*

EDIT:

I looked into it a bit more. SuSe has changed the website around and it looks really good. Also 9.0 looks VERY nice!!!!!! As soon as its out and I have it, I'll do a better write up of my opinion for you all.

gore i'm waiting for your opinion before I buy it. Your last review of 8.2 I found to be a really good read. When you write your review can you mention how media players are tied in with web plugins. On my redhat system I have xine installed and can watch windows meda player, quicktime, and real player movies but I can't seem to get the web plugin's to work. Unfortunatly this makes one of my favorite sites www.triggerstreet.com difficult to enjoy. If you like independent short films I recomend you check it out.

Thanks
    DeafLamb

I'm running 8.2 Pro right now. I got it off ebay for 10 bucks actually. I was thinking of upgrading to 9.0 but purchasing the copy from SuSE instead. (I still feel guilty getting it from ebay, they were copies too... so yeah) Um, I'm just stuck on whether to get the Personal Edition or buy the full Pro version. I'm just a high-school student, but is the Pro worth it anyways? Does it have lots of extras? I do some C++ Programming, HTML, may get into CSS and stuff in the future, I use it mainly for homework and web-surfing. But I still like my toys. so yeah, if someone knows the diff b/w the two releases, could ya please share the light? I wanna get it right this time!

Thanks,
    Dave
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.

Personal editions are usually used for like students and home users who do surfing and **** like that. Professional has way more tools and alot of stuff. Professional is worth the 30 bucks extra too me.

Alright, well, I sucked up to my sister and she let me use her credit card to order it! YAHOO! Finally I've begun to give a form of financial support to the Linux Revolution! I ordered 9.0 Personal, since I don't need anything Professional has extra, yet.

I can't wait! Its gonna take about 5-6 business days! Yay! I think I'm starting to turn into gore Jr. LOL

Peace,

Dave
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.