Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MSN chat to cost money

Talking MSN chat to cost money

Microsoft did it, and announce they are going to charge for chat.

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/e...from_chat_page

I do not know why they would charge for this service when there is IRC and other chats out there, and they claim:

In order to protect you from spam, unwanted conversations, and advertisements
    I do not see how charging money will do that.

(Doesn't click link)
    I'm sure the only way you can pay is by credit card, meaning you have to disclose your address to microsoft.
    This greatly eases the ability to find a spamer, also an address on record could be tracked preventing sign-ups to the same address.

Although their's still ways arround this, it's harder than before.

charge who?? ...not me!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

They will lose everyone. No one is going to want to pay for thier ****.
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

hehe monny is power for the narow minded or so im told. besidses there are ways around paying for a chat hehe i say DOWN WITh MSN!!! hehe but if youy have there servis all ready thay cant do ****?or can thay what thay have not let out is thay will even block you frome your messenger if you have one soo keep an eye open
    the one you are is not who you will allways be :| death is but one blood drop from your door

Limpster - I only WISH that was the case. I point to AOL as a prime example of people paying for crap. People will pay for MSN because that is all they have used and they don't want to have to go through the troubles of having to create a new ID on a different system where all their friends may not be.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Limpster - I only WISH that was the case. I point to AOL as a prime example of people paying for crap. People will pay for MSN because that is all they have used and they don't want to have to go through the troubles of having to create a new ID on a different system where all their friends may not be.
    That's a good point. I was hanging out in the general chat areas and people were saying "What do I do? What do I do?" and when I pointed out there is IRC that will prolly never go away and will prolly always be free and they all can make a channel and hang out there. The response? "What's IRC?"

Just funny

I heard that they were mainly doing it because of all the spam on msn chat and the pedophiles that like to hang out there. I thought msn chat sucked ass anyway........

Banned
    msn chat does suck...
    Tho MSN messanger on the other hand...
    Thay so better not try to start charging for that...

you would think that thay would be trying to entise people to use THERE products not other companys products...

Nightfalls_Girl

Lv4: I See your point. AOL is horrible. But still I dont see MSN as that good of a chat proggie. There are still other options people may switch to, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo...any of those. Maybe MSN wont lose everyone but they will sure as hell lose alot. Serves them right though. Im sick of thier money hungry tactics
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]