Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSN chat to cost money

I can honestly say that am I not the least bit suprised by this. It all comes down to the almighty dollar. Ah well, I stand by IRC as my single chat solution. I hope that the MSN users can let go of their emoticons and snazzy profiles with pics and see the value of IRC. I mean cmon its F-R-E-E.
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

IRC always has that chance of bad stuff happeing to the user also, and to someone new its pretty complicated. I quit IRC a long time ago..

Banned
    i used it for a while then our fire wall startes to have trogen attacks to it, so i stoped using it and we havnt had one since...

Nightfalls_Girl

Yea I just don't trust IRC. It gives it's users too much freedom in what they can do to other users.

This was to be expected. M$ charging for their software is not surprising. Once they announced that they were closing down the chat rooms bcos of paedophiles you knew they were gonna start charging with the excuse that it will keep out spammers and paedophiles. It might work cos some anonyminity is lost but then there are ways around this. sure there might be people who switch to other chat places. But if 1 out of every 100 stay with them, thats a helluva lot more $ than they got befoe when they werent charging anything.

with M$, its always been about $ and it doesnt surrpise me that this has finallly happened.

Lol @ this..

I allready expected them to start charging for stuff like that..
    And I don't blame them..
    I don't see a problem in charging people for using their "services"

If you want to stip people spending their hard earned money on stuff they could have gotten for free if they tried a little harder, start farming your own crop, start baking your own bread buddy, start breeding and killing the cows you eat..

If people want to spend their time exploring the free ways to do stuff, that's good.. They learn..
    Some people don't want to learn.. they want to be lead by the hand..

That's what Microsoft provides.. That's what made Bill G. the richest man in the world..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

the_jinx that was beautiful man!!!
    /me wipes away a tear

but very true
    theres plemnty of other options available - I dont think I will lose any sleep over it

v_Ln

funny but true.... from the time of the first Bargening Deals.... ppl started to think about Power.... & wealth.... that is true... but that is nature...

Banned
    the_JinX is in love with bill gates... isnt that sweet...

Nightfalls_Girl

Nightfalls_Girl, it's not just the money.. it's that sexy ass of his
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !