Thread: Stumped?

Stumped?

Aight, I am not sure what I need to do, so I am going to ask you all.

How can you create a different text box in a form. I was able to make it look differently during editing, but once I uploaded it, it looked all the same. I am runnin on IE6 so I don't think it can be my browser.

Please Help..

Thanks

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    What do you mean "different text box"??

What is the text box supposed to do and what HTML code do you have thus far for it?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

adiz - I'm confused same as MsMittens.... do you mean like having more than one text box in a form, or do you mean having two seperate styles of text box on the same form? Post some HTML that you got for it - couple of screenshots of what you got during editing and what you've ended up with might be helpful too.

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Sorry, I am really out of it, I have a horrible cold and strep throat so my whole body aches but I can't stay away from my computer.

Anyway, I am trying to make a different style of text box. Not your normal HTML text box I am trying to create on with a different color background or a smaller border, or no border. But I am trying to stay away from Flash. If this doesn't help you I apologize once again.

Thanks

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    http://webdesign.about.com/cs/forms/a/aaprettyforms.htm <-- CSS might be the answer. I was a bit stumped (as I haven't played with background colours, etc. for forms) but a quick google search go me this one.

Hope it helps.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

adiz.. seems your not the only one on a different planet tonight .... I missed your reply so MsMittens got in before me.... I think she has provided you with the best solution - sorry can't add anything further this time.

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Thanks,
    I think my answer maybe in some java or something like that. I am not really sure but if I need to I guess I could go Flash, but I really wanna stay away from it. But thanks.

GreekGoddess
    http://www.devdude.com/tools/tool.cgi?ID=T2#

This goes along with what Ms. Mittens was saying about using CSS in forms, which I'm positive is what you want to do. I've noticed that a lot of the tutorials out there don't cover using custom backgrounds or border styles in your forms, but that is possible as well. In fact, there's nothing really you can't do with CSS in your forms, not to mention that the whole form doesn't have to look the same, you can style each box differently using a different ID for each field, etc..

Here is another demo:

http://www.web-building.com/links/formstyle/index.php3

You'll want to also check out compatibility issues as well and see if maybe what you're trying to do needs a workaround. This is the best resource I have:

http://www.web-building.com/links/css.php3

***Also forgot to add, if you use something like StyleXP and are working with forms, it's a good thing to note that many of the styles used by this program affect forms (buttons, fields, etc.) so for designing purposes, you might want to shut this down temporarily or you might not see any changes taking effect.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Haha, StyleXP threw me for a 30 min WTF!!!!! session when doing some color stuff.

aight...thanks guys I got it figured out.

actually you guys helped me figure it out....haha whoaaa thanks
    Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

OOOUUUUCH! <throaty sound> That ain\'t cool baby.</throaty sound> (right before this I had made fun of the \'girl\' and she took it out on my balls... Luckily later on they were \"taken care of.\"