Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

Help!!!

me Firewall isnt working!
    Some one got passed it...I think i fixed it..but incase i didnt...What do i do?

Regard..

David

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Which firewall, what OS and how do you know that they got through? Most immediate suggest would be to disconnect and ensure that they haven't installed anything on your system.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

There was a message from them on my desk top...Nothing is deleted so far..Im runnign XP Pro...I had a nortin firewall...Im am pretty nervise..Help please

Ok just a check does anyone besides you have physical access to you computer?
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=517

the Open Source model doesn\'t offer any great benefit in
    terms of reliability and security. -Bill Gates

Stop using XP and get yourself a real firewall. Preferably a hardware solution AND something along the lines of Outpost, Sygate, or tiny. (for windows) (Or just use a better O.S.)

P.S. And don't beatch about antipoints, it'll only make things worse. (Geez, how many times have I had to type that?)
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by IrIsHASSasIN
    There was a message from them on my desk top...Nothing is deleted so far..Im runnign XP Pro...I had a nortin firewall...Im am pretty nervise..Help please
    Have you run any programs/exploits recently??
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

No....Is Windows 200 Pro ok?
    My brother has access..But he wouldnt...Or would he....

Anti points are the last thing im worryed about right now!

WINDOWS 2000****

Might want to check the Event Viewer Log to see who's been logged in recently. You may still want to check and ensure that nothing else is left over (aka keyloggers, trojans, etc.). Run your AV software to pick up some stuff and go through your system thoroughly to see if anything else is there. And make sure to do this when not connected to the net.

omg..i didnt even think of that...thank you all very much...Ill post an update soon...

Regards

David

Ok..i checked it...a couple of iP addresses showed up...I will not post those...But how do i stop them?

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Probe your ports to see what the firewall is letting in.