Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows WEP Crack

Windows WEP Crack

Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you knew or could send me a good WEP Crack for windows to test my wireless connection. If anyone new of any (since airsnort isnt really for windows yet) that would be a big help. Thanks.
    xXelmoXx

Tell us how you are securing your connection.... what mechanisms are in place?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

i'll have to agree with RoadClosed just asking for that kind of stuff sounds suspicios , like RoadClosed said what messurements areyou using and what services do you have enable or wish to have enable ,one of the comments in your post makes me think that youre running windows butyou didn't said what version. and also you forgot to mention how many other nodes are there if the are, and all that you can provide so that we could try to help with your question.

The original question was pretty clear. He didn't ask how to hack a wireless network and he didn't ask anyone how to secure it. He simply asked us if there was a version of Airsnort for windows. To answer the question: not that I know of. I have a link to forum discussion about your exact question. Apperently, there ways of accopmplishing the same task in windows but there aren't any good apps released for the masses. Your best bet for trying to crack the WEP for your own Wi-Fi network is to use linux and Airsnort and/or WEPCrack.

http://lists.bawug.org/pipermail/wir...st/008139.html

i hope you realize that cracking the wep on your or any other home network is impractical..you need tons of packets of encrypted info in order to crack the wep of any wireless network. this is easy to do on a hudge network with a few dozen machines creating traffic. if you have it enabled on just one to five pc's though unless you capture packets from the network for upwards of a week you will never get enough packets to crack your own wep.
    chown -r us ./bases

Thats a good point, what is it 5,000,000 packets or something like that? Could take a very long time...

I remember reading that a utility called kismet was all that could be used to collect enough data to crack WEP. Kismet apparently only runs on Linux boxes and you'd have to sniff anywhere from 500 MB to a gig of data for Kismet to have something to work with.

Thanks guys. If you find out any new info just post.
    xXelmoXx

Perfect timing! The pen-test mailing list @ Bugtraq has been recently buzzing with issues on WEP security and whatnot. Managed to pick up a few helpful posts:

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive...5/2003-10-11/0
    http://www.securityfocus.com/archive...5/2003-10-11/0

Head on over to http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/101 and check out some more. I would also recommend subscribing to some mailing-lists at Bugtraq-- they are very informative!

Good luck
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

what about airsnort

They do have a (semi) working windows port too now..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !