Qbasic question

Thread: Qbasic question

Post Qbasic question

I programmed a couple of things in QBASIC, and i noticed it saves them as a '*.bas' file. Does anyone know if and how, QBASIC can be used to compile programs? Thanks in advance.
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

In the Q-basic compiler , there should be an option to compile it.. The way i remember it , is that it turns it straight into an exe file...
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

there's a basic compiler called first basic made by powerbasic. its shareware that doesn't expire (nag screen) and can be d/led from their site. its not exectly the same as Qbasic but about 97% similar. great little proggie

Qbasic i believe didn't make stand alone apps until ver 5. i believe the option is under "run" but you have to change the way you compile the program from "memory" to "executable"
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The way I understand it, if you wanted to compile into an EXE, you
    would need QuickBasic, the commercial version. Qbasic was the
    free version that came bundled with DOS, and would not compile,
    but you could run progs by invoking Qbasic in a batch file with
    the BAS file as an argument.

Maybe someone has produced a free clone, but Microsoft QuickBasic
    was not free, AFAIK.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

QBASIC does not Compile however QuickBasic /TurboBASIC will do the job for you under the COMPILE Menu
    -- dfd

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    As I recall,

Qbasic shipped with DOS 5? It did not compile unless you bought the commercial version.

Thanks folks you have made an old man very happy..........tears of nostalgia

A mate of mine just gave me a set of (still in their brown paper wrapping) disks for DOS 4.0.............. I am a little bit behind in catching all the latest exploits

Does it not strike you as perverse that DOS 4 is probably more secure than XP Pro?

Just a few thoughts.............

Beverwijk Netherlands
    QuickBasic 4.5 and 7.1 are the only ones shipped with a compiler..

I personaly like(d) 4.5 better then 7.1 (also called PDS)..

I know I'm not supposed to "support wares" but using google you should be able to find you a download site (under 2Mb)..

Or you could buy a copy (second hand ??)

ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Qbasic.... that was a good prog.........
    10 cls
    15 input "name:";n$
    20 print "Hello ";n$;" this is ur PC "
    30 print "what would u like to do (type list for a list ) ? "
    40 input ">";t$
    50 if t$ = "list" goto 100
    60 if t$ = "end" goto 999
    70 if t$ = "print" goto 200
    999 end

the good old days.... when it was so simple........

Yeah, quick Basic 4.5 should do the job, I used it myself until I grew out of QB. It is possible to download a version of it for free but you are supposed to delete it within 24 hours. Basic compilers might work but I have had a lot of problems with them when compiling large QB proggies. Here is the site: http://muratelic.sitemynet.com/qbasic/qb13.htm
    Hope that helps!
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"