Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New computer and opinion/Alienware questions

One question.... What speed is the RAM?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

The RAM is PC 2700 DDR SDRAM. It's weird, I get better performance in unreal tournament than on my AMD box with double the RAM.

Originally posted here by gore
    The RAM is PC 2700 DDR SDRAM. It's weird, I get better performance in unreal tournament than on my AMD box with double the RAM.
    That is weird since the reviews that I have seen at Toms Hardware have always put the Intel Processor on top (In Unreal Tournament) in regards to speed.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

It is sort of odd. I dont know though, it just seems to work faster and have better graphics.

Don't buy an Alienware computer. You could build the same thing yourself for much much less money. If you want a comparable machine, simply take the specs off their site, and build the same thing yourself and save hundreds of dollars.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

Originally posted here by gore
    It is sort of odd. I dont know though, it just seems to work faster and have better graphics.
    Have you run any benchmark programs on it? (3DMark 2003, PCMark 2002, SiSoftware Sandra)

Don't buy an Alienware computer. You could build the same thing yourself for much much less money. If you want a comparable machine, simply take the specs off their site, and build the same thing yourself and save hundreds of dollars.
    PureExtacy: true , I wanted an alien ware machine for awhile.. I have about 1500 put away for a new machine pretty soon and I was gonna get an alienware..But eh , I think im just gonna save the money and custom the machine.
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

Originally posted here by CXGJarrod

Have you run any benchmark programs on it? (3DMark 2003, PCMark 2002, SiSoftware Sandra)

Nah, the only thing I do grapgics or games wise is UT and Doom. I just got done OWNING UT lol.

*Gets an idea*

Hmmm, so how many of you would wanna have a LAN party and play Unreal Tournament with all of us from AO?

I would be interested if you could offer remote access to the UT server. (I cannot travel right now)

Originally posted here by n01100110
    PureExtacy: true , I wanted an alien ware machine for awhile.. I have about 1500 put away for a new machine pretty soon and I was gonna get an alienware..But eh , I think im just gonna save the money and custom the machine.
    For $1500 you can build a pretty high preformance computer.

When I built my computer about 3 months ago I put a P4 2.8 1GB of PC2700 RAm a Gforce TI 4200 Video card, CD buner DVD drive, 8 USB 2.0 pots and 4 firewire ports, and a 80GB WD special addition HD. I bought all that for $1300. Save up some more money and you could have a P4 3.0ghz # 800mhz FSB. IN the end, you custom comp woul have just as much preformance as a Alienware machine.

Just my piece of advice to you.
    =