Thread: help, SQL in MS Excel macro

Question help, SQL in MS Excel macro

Hi all,

can anyone help me with the following SQL statement pls? here's the code..

Dim strSQL As String

strSQL = "SELECT [StaffInformation].[Name], [AllLeave].[Start_Date], [AllLeave].[End_Date], [AllLeave].[LeaveType], [AllLeave].[CourseName] FROM AllLeave, StaffInformation WHERE [AllLeave].[StaffID] = [StaffInformation].[StaffID] And [AllLeave].[Start_Date] >= '" & Format(DTFrom.Value, "dd-mmm-yyyy") & "' And [AllLeave].[End_Date] <= '" & Format(DTTo.Value, "dd-mmm-yyyy") & "' ORDER BY AllLeave.Start_Date, AllLeave.End_Date, AllLeave.LeaveType"

With Rpt
    If .State = adStateOpen Then
    .Close
    End If

.CursorLocation = adUseClient
    .CursorType = adOpenStatic
    .LockType = adLockReadOnly

.Open strSQL, DB
    MsgBox .RecordCount

End With

Both DTFrom & DTTo are DTPicker component
    when i tried that i got error msg

Data type mismatch in criteria expression

can anyone tell me why?

Thanks

Banned
    hrmph i didnt find anything on Excel but manybe this might help you

Answer:

Issue

The SQL error 80040E07 occurs when attempting to use the "Insert Record" or the "Update Record" server behavior to set the value of a column in Microsoft Access with an empty string ("").

Reason

MS Access is characterized by strong data typing; it imposes a rigorous set of rules on given column values. The empty string value in the command text (SQL) cannot be stored in MS Access' "Date/Time" data type specified by the associated column.

Solution

Try to avoid inserting and/or updating columns of "Date/Time" data types in Access with empty strings, ("") or with any other value that does not correspond to the range of values specified for the data type.
    http://www.xlinesoft.com/asprunner/d...expression.htm

still can't solve man.. anyway thanks for ur advice

Banned
    Try to add # to both sides of dates in your sql-query.
    Like this:

strSQL = "SELECT [StaffInformation].[Name], [AllLeave].[Start_Date], [AllLeave].[End_Date], [AllLeave].[LeaveType], [AllLeave].[CourseName] FROM AllLeave, StaffInformation WHERE [AllLeave].[StaffID] = [StaffInformation].[StaffID] And [AllLeave].[Start_Date] >= #" & Format(DTFrom.Value, "dd-mmm-yyyy") & "# And [AllLeave].[End_Date] <= #" & Format(DTTo.Value, "dd-mmm-yyyy") & "# ORDER BY AllLeave.Start_Date, AllLeave.End_Date, AllLeave.LeaveType"

tx perttu