IE Proxy

Thread: IE Proxy

Banned

IE Proxy

I've got my IE all messed up.. I installed a proxy that auto-configured itself to IE and I didnt want it too. I have searched all over IE and cannot find were to disable proxies........I don't use IE very often but I uninstalled the proxy, now IE will "cannot find server", sorry for having to ask such a basic question.......i hate microsoft... thanks

In IE go to: Tools\Internet Options on the Connections Tab select Lan Settings and this is where your Proxy settings are located.
    just making some minor adjustments to your system....

Well man I feel with u........ once I used a Mac........ all the time I was on M$.... I didnyt know anything .... I didnt know how to minimize.......:'(

Banned
    Man, I'm so confused. I used this thing called JAP, thanks for the location but nothing was turned on??? Mozilla works fine I cant disable the proxy cause there isnt one in use?

EDIT: Nevermind. I fixed it. There was a place in JAP to reconstruct settings. It worked thanks for your help.
    Nate

Try uninstalling JAP.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Banned
    Thanks for the help! I uninstalled JAP. Dirty piece of software..... It somehow configured itself as my proxy in IE without showing up as a proxy. How strange.......

Do you have everything unchecked under the IE Settings? Sometimes when you have that Automatically Detect Settings checked it will not detect anything and will not let you online. (See Attached Picture)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Banned
    No, its all unchecked. I got it straightened out now... See I never use IE, I boycott M$ as much as possible. but someone I have to share this comp with does. So I couldnt leave it crippled..lol. thanks.

There are probably some registry settings left over from JAP. Try rebooting and then run Spybot Search and Destroy and see if that helps. (With updated definitions)