Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Terminator

Banned
    Originally posted here by Star****ers|Inc
    rofl...no, I'm not part of any fan club for anyone except the common sense club where I personally honor any and all who adhere to the strict *think for yourself policy* which was enacted the day I was conceived. And what he posted, it's not that he wasn't thinking for himself, he just plain wasn't thinking - he hasn't replied now has he? I don't mind if you have your own views/opinions about anything, as long as you have a reason to have them, don't spout off if you can't back up your ideas.

Star****ers|Inc
    Who say's I can't spout off, it wasn't some major opinion I was expressing, merely an expression of my feeling toward a current event. You obviosuly dont know me if you assume that I am a guy who goes around mocking Windows and loves Linux, considering I am actually a fan of Windows.

Here's your reply, next time I will remember to post a blistering polemic against Arnold, as that would really make my day and excite the boards.

RoadClosed: clinton wasn't convicted either.

Look there is a lot to not like about the dems, but they have never potrayd themselfs as the party of "good holsum family values." the republicans have. With that as your identity how can you support Arnold?
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Originally posted here by bballad
    Personaly felt clinton wasnt that bad, gave my wife a pay raise first president to do that in years (she was in the navy), took care of the troops while screwing the defense contractors, kept taxes undercontroll while the econamy blossemd...sure he had bad taste in women but so what...

as for Arnold..well the worst of the stories haven't hit main stream media but pulling up womens shirts so he can take pictures of their breasts, groping their breasts and forceing his hands inside their panties has hit the press...a lot of this happened up throuh 200 at least when he was married...so yes that would be *very* close to adultery.. now thatis what have heard of in the main stream...the tabloids are full of arnold sex stories over the years but those need t obe taken with a grain of salt,
    Yeah, and he also cut our military strength down.

Lets think about this arnold thing though. THis guy was a body builder that wore speedos and nothing else. All he ever saw was men that looked like him. Wouldn't you go for the first women you saw? lol
    =

Actually Bballad, Arnold has split the Republican Party and he was NEVER endorsed by them (to my understanding). Many argue that he is a wolf (democrat) in sheep clothing (republican) and many voted for Tom as I have stated before. I don't live in Cali. and most likely any decision he makes won't matter a bit to me. Personally I like Arnold and I think he is really a citizen who wants to do the best job he can and not have the baggage of party alignment and special interest.

Americans have lost touch with democracy. It's about defaming the "D" or "R" your not aligned with versus getting on with government in a constructive way and making a contribution. I think our forefathers envisioned people governing themselves, not selfish career politicians that have no clue what the people want. Although there have been great men in office who made politics their life. Arnold even impressed me more when he started loading up his advisors from all sides of the fence, even (I think) some independents. To me that IS democracy and a large percentage of people will never like him because he had run as a "R" in his name. In fact the will hate "him" personally. Not his actions or his office but "him". That seems to be the mindset from my angle.

And all this party alignment and blind following confuses me. For instance, you BBalad have stated you think abortion is not right, although you seem to me that you lean toward the left. I on the other hand do not subscribe to any real religious beliefs and I lean toward the right. In fact I am pretty much like Arnold so I can see where he is coming from. I am for immigration control, I think a woman should be able to choose her course in pregnancy, but I think partial birth abortions are murder. I am fiscally and economically conservative and a bit liberal on social issues. And all that is subject to change based on the economy, terrorist attacks and new scientific and social breakthroughs. In fact a lot of my extreme left handed friends think the same way, but they will die before saying so. And the "R" and the "D" nomenclature become rivalry and alliance, much like a die hard football fan. They make pot shots and one another and try to destroy each other.

Recent events have shown me that some sides will make a mockery of the democratic process while at the same time try and pretend they are the sole protectors of that same democracy and dumb down the population through media bias and flagrant modification of quotes and history.

California is something like 80 billion in debt. The people who live there had enough and made a choice. What is wrong with that, and why would anyone want to reverse the voice of the people? Except to sustain absolute and totalitarian power in a party stronghold?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Well he will be gov now so maybe he can help the people of the state regardless of his sins.
    It must be them again. Start the response cycle.

I was just a bit concerned (as a Californian who did not vote for him) about how he said that he was going to repeal some laws that made auto registration go up (decreasing the money the state will get in the long run) and still balance the state budget. He gave no explanation about how he was going to do this or turn the state around in general. The whole election made me feel like I am back in High School and we are voting for the class president instead of the Governor of the 5th largest economy in the world. (Big popularity contest, as a bunch of my friends just wanted the terminator in office because he is "cool.") It really worries me about politics.

Also, how does making the State pay 40 million for a recall save money?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    True Conservative - a liberal who's been mugged.

True Liberal - a conservative who's been laid off.

I don't think there's a person out there who can totally align with a party's platform. Most people are willing to concede some things that aren't important to them to achieve others that are. Things aren't black or white, but a whole spectrum of colors in between. There's a lot of room between all or nothing.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

whether everything that has gone wrong in Calif is Davis' fault is now irrelevant. It seems that the electorate blames the leader and picks the next person based on "feelings". This is the democracy in action right or wrong.
    I hope arnie knows what he is doing, as, obviously, gov davis did not seem to, otherwise....
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

I think Arnold will do a great job in California, even though I disagree with him on may points (he's pro-choice, anti-gun, and pro-gay rights). And yes, the LA Times did play dirty on this one. Apparently, yes, they did hold that groping story, and they gave out many free copies to people who weren't subscribed that thursday. They obviously don't have any respect for the ethics of journalism. I hope that Arnold being elected will give the republicans a foothold in California, so that maybe another, more right-wing canidate will be elected in the future.

I disagree with him on may points (he's pro-choice, anti-gun, and pro-gay rights).
    Same here, this is why the liberals shouldn't get down on themselves, they pretty much got a democrat in office. For this same reason I believe he was elected in the first place. He will help the Republican party though, how much, who knows?