Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "F**k Saddam. We're Taking Him Out"

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar

"F**k Saddam. We're Taking Him Out"

This is supposedly a quote from Bush a year BEFORE launching his attack- even though publicly he claimed right up to the end and even now that he tried every diplomatic avenue possible to avoid military confrontation.

The president also claimed on Tuesday that, "in Iraq, there was a lot of diplomacy that took place before there was any military action."4 But in fact, Time reported a meeting from March 2002, a full year before the war began, in which Bush "showed little interest in debating what to do about Hussein," and told a group of Senators, "[expletive] Saddam. We're taking him out."5 Weeks later, Vice President Cheney separately told a group of Senators that, "The question was no longer if the U.S. would attack Iraq, he said. The only question was when."6 But months later, the president was still telling the public, "I hope this will not require military action."
    Read more here: Bush Decision to Invade Iraq a Full Year Before War Brings Claims of Military Power as "Last Choice" into Question

Nice site. It's nice to see an Anti Bush site that actually provides its sources in the form of a link. Very professional.

Banned
    tony dont you know that you arent allowed to criticise Bush!!

You'd make a perfect liberal tony. Why hasn't this hit the mainstream left-wing media yet?

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    You'd make a perfect liberal tony.
    How so? Do conservatives you know not know how to read or question why GW continues to say one thing while doing another completely opposite? I certainly don't fit the Christian Coalition agenda, but "liberal" might be a bit strong. I did vote for GW, but in my mind his duty to represent and serve those who put him there goes beyond election day.

Why hasn't this hit the mainstream left-wing media yet?
    Because there is no such thing anymore. The media doesn't have the balls to ask the tough questions or call Bush on his lies... I mean slight changes of position on some issues.

good site n i think that nobody here likes bush
    Sometimes realitys are dreams we cannot live in.... (as my bst fren says) [/shadow]

How so? Do conservatives you know not know how to read or question why GW continues to say one thing while doing another completely opposite? I certainly don't fit the Christian Coalition agenda, but "liberal" might be a bit strong. I did vote for GW, but in my mind his duty to represent and serve those who put him there goes beyond election day.
    Hate to tell you man, but you probably don't fit well with the Republican Party anyway. You more than likely would fit quite nicely with the Democratic party. Here, I'll point you in the direction that seems to fit you better: www.dnc.org

Because there is no such thing anymore. The media doesn't have the balls to ask the tough questions or call Bush on his lies... I mean slight changes of position on some issues.
    What lies? Please explain further if you want me to put any credibility in your Bush-bashing, we hear so much hatred and propaganda coming from the left that much of what you guys say has to be taken with a bucket of salt. I implore you.

There is no left-wing media? Just tune in to ABC/NBC/CBS and CNN sometime dude, if you can't see how left they are then you are so far left only the BBC can reach you now.

Have a good day my Liberal friend.

~FrameWork

This second gulf war was always going to happen and to think otherwise is simple naivete.

FrameWork, Bush has lied inasmuch as it was never his intention to exhaust all possible diplomatic means of overcoming this problem. BFD really but you can't dispute the essential dishonesty of what he has done.

Your first statement concerning tonybradley is both pointless and nonsensical. Not everyone is a cut-and-dried liberal/conservative, and to think in this manner is severely limiting.

Why the second account?

Banned
    Whoever that is hasnt the balls to post under their real account, convictions in their beliefs, I doubt it.

I would say the majority of Americans are neither liberal nor conservative, not in a cut and dried way. I am a registered Republican, but I can't remember the last time I voted for a Republican for a major office. (My dad ran for city council, I had to vote for him, and he's Republican )

I am more liberal than anyone else in my family on most issues, but there are a few issues that I suppose you could call me "conservative" on. For example, I completely disagree w/ the FCC and their new rules about curse words that are allowed to be broadcast. However, I strongly support all civil rights laws being passed for homosexual couples. I support abortion as a womans choice, and not a place for government rules. I know people who feel exactly the opposite...the cursing on TV is fine with them, but they don't support abortion laws. I don't think I know anyone who votes straight along party lines, or who would classify themselves as either a conservative or a liberal.

And now back to the topic at hand, sorry for my interruption.

Anyone who's spent any time in the military knew this was coming, has known for years. And no, it wasn't a matter of diplomacy, it never was. It was a matter concerning "face lost" and oil. Sadaam has been on the hit list for a long time, and the timing couldn't have been better....we missed Osama, now we have Sadaam. Hard to get re-elected as president when you haven't caught anyone you went after, isn't it? I would be willing to bet that we have known where he was for months. How long have we been looking in the Tikrit area? For months now. I'm sure we knew where he was, and it was the "right time" to bring him in now. Looks good for the campaign trail. I can only hope that Americans see thru Bush this time, and vote against him.

*edit: yes I gave greenies to some of the posts in this thread, cause someone is giving out negs and there is no place for negs in a debate, and I didn't want the thread closed.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.