Phillies fanatic faces 471 years in hacking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phillies fanatic faces 471 years in hacking

Phillies fanatic faces 471 years in hacking

Federal officers have arrested a Philadelphia Phillies fan in California on charges of hacking into computers and sending thousands of spam e-mails to sports reporters at two newspapers.
    Allan Eric Carlson, 39, was arrested Tuesday by FBI agents at his home in the Los Angeles suburb of Glendale and charged with hacking, spoofing return addresses, launching spam attacks, and stealing identities by using fake e-mail addresses, the U.S. Attorney's Office said Wednesday.

He was released on $25,000 bail and ordered not to use the Internet, said Michael Levy, an assistant U.S. attorney in Philadelphia.

Carlson faces up to 471 years in prison and $117.25 million in fines.

Despite a competitive season, the Phillies failed to win a spot in Major League Baseball's championship playoffs. The spam messages were critical of Phillies management and the media, including one e-mail that had a subject line reading, "Corrupt Philly Media Keeps Phils in Cellar," according to the indictment.

Carlson used fake return addresses, belonging to sports reporters at the Philadelphia Inquirer and the Philadelphia Daily News, the indictment said.

Many of spam messages bounced back to the reporters' e-mail accounts, crippling the servers where they were stored, according to the indictment.

SOURCE/MORE/LINKS(http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-5088652.html)

I think thats the least a spammer should get.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

Banned
    Nah, I think 800 to a 1,000 years is more like it. And, add in hot pokers to the soles of the feet once a day! Also, a session with a whip-weilding leather goddess once or twice a week ... yeah!

Originally posted here by rapier57
    ....... a session with a whip-weilding leather goddess once or twice a week ... yeah!
    I wouldn't mind that punishment
    t.e.k.n.o.

Rapier.............might I be allowed to disagree........WE deserve the "leather goddess" not him?

Spools, I am not that hot on geography.........since when was Philladelphia in the State of California?...since "Arnie" was elected Governor?

I wait with "bated breath" as they say

Cheers folks

put me down for one "whip wielding leather goddess"!!!!
    just making some minor adjustments to your system....

Nihil....

Sometimes the most fanatic of fans do not even live in the same state. It's kind of crazy. Plus players move around in free agencies so it's hard because sometimes their fans move allegience. Even more crazy.

It's like, if you grew up in Manchester and moved to Dover, you would still be "United".

Personal Ad:

Whip Wielding Leather Godess needed for fun and frolic. Have money, will travel. Casual drinker unless confronted by WWLG or days that end in "Y".
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

mmm... let me see... spammer doing that much damage... I say strap him down so he can't move... and keep him alive for as long as possible... the good old boredom treatment
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/c0bra.jpg
    click here to hack my computer and delete all my important files

Spools......sorry for the apparent hijack...............I was only having a bit of fun huh?

Good luck all

Johnno

Road Closed..................might I get to interview your rejects

Cheech & Chong:

"My basketball coach done thrown me off the team............for wearing high healed sneakers, and acting like a queen"

Oh well chaps

I am going for the leather goddess.............just my age?

Cheers

why 471 years??? why not 693??? how do they come up with these retarded sentences???

Banned
    Lessee, judicial math. This charge gets this many years, that charge gets that many years. Tack 'em all together in a string and get ... 471!

BTW, _the_ original, one and only LeatherGoddess left here a few years back and moved to England. Worked (works?) for Microsoft. Haven't heard from her in a while. Did hear from some Brits who felt the sting of her whip, though. She was very good!

;-)

I am going for the leather goddess.............just my age?
    And, in your neck of the woods.