Thread: Newsletter Software for website

Newsletter Software for website

I have a list of students who are involved in my church's youth group and as opposed to just sending them boring, and long emails announcing certain events in the church, I want to send them a newsletter with graphics and a header...you know, kind of like all of the advertisements we get in our email.

Now, I thought I could use Yahoo Groups and do it, but they don't allow HTML embedded emails, or at least I don't know how if they do. So, are there applets that I could use, um, is there software that I can find and utilize on our site for this need?

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated! Again, you can reply here or email me routedemotions at yahoo dot com.

Thank you in advance.
    ...the scent of your hair as you twirl in your fingers, and the time on the clock, when we realized that it\'s so late, and this walk that we shared....together!

AO French Antique News Whore
    First of all, you should check with peoples if they can read html e-mail. Most of new software block html code because it's was too much popular with virus and worms.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Right, I understand that. We have already talked to all of the students and let them know what we want to do and have cleared it through with them and their parents.

I'm just wanting to know if there's software available, and if so, where can I find it, and is it free? I'm just tired of sending 4 page emails that are boring after the first 3 seconds of text...

that's all.

Thank you!
    ...the scent of your hair as you twirl in your fingers, and the time on the clock, when we realized that it\'s so late, and this walk that we shared....together!

A quick an dirty way would be outlook express. You simply enable the HTML code editor and you can do whatever you want.

If you do a quick google search you can get the instructions.

Adiz

Are you limited to only using email as a medium? Is it possible to to create a small database driven website and just email everybody when the site is updated? You could use some freeware such as MovableType, GreyMatter, or B2 to easily update the site in a few minutes?

Just a suggestion.

--Here are some links--

MovableType

GreyMatter

B2