plz help C\C++:Where to go from here..

Thread: plz help C\C++:Where to go from here..

plz help C\C++:Where to go from here..

Hi all.

I have completed a book on C and did a bit of C++, both books were of the series: C MADE SIMPLE and C++ MADE SIMPLE.

After completing these 200 pg books I made a neat little phone number database for my mother.......

anywayz, i want to be more....say......INTERMEDIATE, if you know what i mean.

I cant decide where to go now, into GRAPHICS , or into TECH programming.

I really want to keep to C and C++ ,as VB is more WINDOWS-SPECIFIC (i personnally believe M$ is going down in a couple of yrs,now that LINUX has gone GUI).

My uncle gave me a really old book on VC++\MFC i started doing it and when i got to p.44 i saw it wasnt all that hard(ONLY LIBRARY FUNCTION!! was used), so i wrote my first prog
    when i compiled it.......NO WIN95ax.h file or something.....so muich for that piece of .......

I checked out some of the examples given(I USE DEV C++) and saw that these codes were much more advanced than those in the book i had.

It led me to the simple comclusion : THE BOOK IS OUTDATED.....

I searched the net for INTERMEDIATE C and diddn't find much.

Could anyone plz(PRETTY PLZ) recommend me a website that could learn me more.

Is graphics only windoz-spec??
    Should i 1st start GUI or TECH???
    I dont know what , but i know i am eager to start....

what did u guy do?????

plz help.

tX for reading;
    Beware, you who seek first and final principles, for you are
    trampling the garden of an angry God and he awaits you just beyond the last theorem.

Good a good grasp of the language and problem solving aspects of C++ before attempting to work with graphics (C++ happens to be the premire language for writing game code)
    A good book I used in college was called "Programming and Problem Solving With C++" by Dale, Deems, & Headington.
    It was intended as a classroom text, but it is wriiten in a format that allows for self-paced learning without an instructor (as I proved this cause I rarely went to class, haha, ironic, I got a C in C++ ..HA!) anyway, it's a great book for you, if you can find it, check it out. It came with a copy of MS Visual C++, but I mostly used g++ for class.
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

/////edit

i am a beginner and do know other langauges aswell(pascal,pl,and html,javscrpt) and was hoping someone that someone could give me a link(I DONT HAVE MONEY FOR A (more)BOOK
    ;() or advice...

by TECH i mean : creating programs that interact with the OS/kernel like say.

i'll try and make a plan to get money for a book but then again it would cost 10x more here in South Africa.
    trampling the garden of an angry God and he awaits you just beyond the last theorem.

alrighty, try the C/C++ links at this site:

http://www.knowprose.com

He regualrly posts good links and tutorials. Look for the link on the right side of the page that says "Programmer Recources"
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

\\edit
    sorry didn't read ya post before i posted( i know the post sounds like i am saying: NO THATS NOT WHAT I WANT, but its actually its 3posts i posted one-fater-another, and i only saw your post after my 3rd post)

thanx for the help is what i actaully am trying to say( i am not the type of guy that can put expressions into wordz).

err, your welcome? I think ....

Good link, good link INDEED,actually thats a damn superB site..

thanx its already a fav
    thanx again

//edit
    on 2nd thought after going through some links in the site i must say:

****EN GREAT SITE WITH AWESOME LINX....