Search Bars

Thread: Search Bars

Angry Search Bars

So I have this little issue... As I come upon various website search bars, or personal information request bars (various/random), If I double click inside of them, occasionally information (names, email addresses, search terms,etc) from the distant past appears.
    I'm using windows xp home, and I've adjusted my Auto Complete settings, and I always clear my temp files, cookies, history, blah, blah, blah. What's going on? 1) Why do things still pop up like this, 2) where is all this information hiding, and very importantly - 3) How Do I Remedy This Pain? It's a real privacy problem for me!

Thanks to all of you in the know
    Hey... even TheFBI needs help!
    http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

When you enter "AutoComplete Settings" and hit "Clear Forms" and "Clear Passwords" and uncheck "Use AutoComplete" for the three items listed there; this should do the trick no?

Hi Framework,

That's what has me confused... I've tried that and yet for some reason that doesn't take care of it

I know this sounds silly, but be sure you hit "OK" at the bottom of that box and not the "X" in the upper right hand corner. Other than that, I'm a little stumped as to what the hold-up is.

Banned
    G'day The FBI, I am running xp/pro and just tried double clicking the search
    bar on the main page and my password also showed up. Is there any real need to double
    click on search bars other than if you want to re-type something?

Banned
    Get SpyBot or similar spyware cleaner. That will help get the extraneous crap out of the system. Some of the sites may not be as "kosher" as you think and are dropping (or have dropped) little apps on your system that are contributing to what you described.

It is a dangerous internet, people. Let's be careful out there!

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I still think spybot is the most often recommended program for things that it has absoutely nothing to do with.

I am thinking that this isn't an autocomplete issue as you have to doubleclick. With autocomplete, you just type a couple characters and the rest shows up.

Try something like Windows Washer, then reboot your system to make sure there is nothing left in RAM. This sounds like one of Microsofts wonderful "features" that can end up being a pain in the arse.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Well... I've tried EVERYTHING that has been recommended (all of it), and for whatever reason, every search bar continues to store a log that's shown when I double click inside of it. For example - if I run some searches through google, then clear out my temp files, cookies, history... even run window washer - when I double click inside the google search bar, a list of my previous searches pops up... I then delete by highlighting each item and hitting delete. Sometimes, even after I've shut my machine off and then start it up again, they'll still be a search list there if I double click ?????????

Well if U tried everything given....... & nothin worked........ do this...... back up everything u need..... them format c:\ reinstall windows..... & start fresh..... do this if u realy want to hide.... the Past :forms.....

& after the format....... goto.. the options & stop history... & auto complete... THis is a derastic option but this could be ur only way.... =

If I am understanding you correctly, the google toolbar stores it's information in a completely different location than explorer, and is not affected by changes in settings to explorer.

The toolbar has it's own options button to turn off autofill.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...oogle+autofill