Thread: Startup Screen?

Startup Screen?

OKay you know when you startup you computer the first thing you see is plash screen for the creator of your computer? Such as the gateway logo on gateway computers. Where are they located???? Is there a way to change them???????
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

Hey spools, found this which might hep you but dont know if it's exactly what you're looking for. A Reg entry would have been better...

Link: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum...00/r1003241859

<snip>
    Ok I just did it without a hitch.. I'm running 2k with ServicePack 2.. Before you do anything copy the NTOSKRNL.EXE file somewhere in case you f#$k up you have something to replace it with (hopefully you know dos) First you need 2 programs.. ResHacker and Irfanview .. Use reshacker to open up ntoskrnl.exe (either one in C:\winnt\system32\ & C:\winnt\ServicePackFiles\i386).. Under "Bitmap\1\1033" is the image you can modify.. So you make your picture in photoshop or whatever.. Then use Irfanview to open your bitmap, under "image" go down to "decrease color depth" set it to 16 colors. (You can do the same for Bitmap #7, which is the screen when your system crash and windows is scanning your files..) ..Save the bitmap somewhere, go back to reshacker and click on "action" then go to "replace bitmap" then select "open file with new bitmap" then select "replace".. do that for all the bitmaps you wish to change.. Then save the new file as NTOSKRNL.new in both C:\winnt\system32 and C:\winnt\ServicePackFiles\i386 .. You can use your windows startup disk or another os if you're dual booting.. Get into dos, go to your system32 folder, "rename ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.old" then "rename ntoskrnl.new ntoskrnl.exe" .. Then go to the ServicePackFiles\i386 folder .. and do the same thing.. Restart in 2K and poof!
    </snip>

Have fun!

Where are they located???? Is there a way to change them???????
    Yes you can!!!!!!1111

Heh

Check TechTV's article out:
    http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/ho...348599,00.html
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

ric-o, ive done that before. Thats for changing the windows boot logo. i need to change the gateway logo that starts up. Nice info though.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

This might not be exactly what you need but I think the logo is stored in mobo bios some where.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hvch/bios.html
    http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2098-9450590.html
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

First off what type of MOBO and BIOS do you have? IF you have award bios, this will be rather simple. If it boots up with gateway logo then chances are its an Intel mobo so your going to need to flash your bios with a new image.. (probably, thats what i did,) when you do this make sure you follow directions ( find them on any forum that deals with bios, etc..) a good thing also is to make sure you have a cool pic. my first one was a test and by the time i got it working i was to lazy to flash it again just so i have a better pic. so mine boots up saying ****TEST****
    **IF YOU**
    **CAN READ THIS**
    *****IT WORKS!!!!*****

For my Dell all I did was disable quiet boot in the BIOS and that got rid of it. Perhaps it's the same for the Gateway splash screen. Good Luck.