Thread: Weird Stuff

Weird Stuff

I just noticed my windows machine is closing almost everything i open...i dont se eit closing locals tuff can someone aid me in telling me whats wrong with it?

Ok...
    You are going to have to say that one more time.

Only thing that I understood was "I just noticed my windows machine is closing almost everything i open" After that I get lost.

Now just going off the top of my head, do you have a good Firewall, and AV, also do a scan for a Trojan. It is a nice way to mess with people by closing there programs.

Check that out.

If you can re-explain the end I might be able to help you further.

What windows stay open and have you spilled soda into the keyboard I would try using a different keyboard and see if that fixes it and I would also try what whizkid suggested

still dunno

Dude its just closing my taskmanager as soona s it pop up it closes my programs almost eveything that went through an installation process . i dunno what it is man, its like something runnign in background or something even when i tried msconfig it closes it. Help?

You might want to scan with Ad-Aware also.... Mal-ware maybe? Yea you should definitaly get that keyboard checked out
    EDIT: Try booting in safe mode (restart your computer holding down control, then on the menu press 3, or the corresponding number) and scan with your AV, safe mode may help to disable your bug, and let you fix it. It also disables a lot of bugs stealth mode.

Banned
    Hell I can even make a simple VBS worm do something similiar to that if I truely wanted to.

'It looks for running processes then it ends them.
    for each process in GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}").InstancesOf("Win32_Process")
    if process.Name = "Taskmgr.exe" or "regedit.exe" or "wmplayer.exe" then
    process.Terminate()
    end if
    next

The only thing missing in this code is a loop to constantly check for the process. Im sure that if you google around you can find a program to check and end processes and things... hey it come in handy for old 9x boxes... but I highly suggest getting the malware off of your box first so you won't have to worry about it.

Yeah I forgot about the Spilling stuff on your Keyboard. I forgot that is how alot of people mess up there Computer.

Wikkid I would recommend that you get yourself a couple good Programs like.

Registry Prot. http://www.diamondcs.com.au
    AntiVir. I don't have a link for this one but it is easy to get.
    Now...
    I also recommend that you get.
    TDS-3 good Trojan finding program.

I got a little link for all types of links. For security.
    http://www.oldgoat.org.uk/compu/links.htm

That should help you.

Yeah try booting up in Safe mode, and see what happens.

whiz and the others give good advice SAFE MODE is a very good bet, as whatever it is can probably both stealth and defend itself once it has loaded.

Registry Prot is a good proggy, but don't install it until you have gotten rid of your current problem...............it is a defensive rather than an offensive tool.

Good luck

Man I had that problem...2 years ago.......
    I just formated the Pc....... dam if I only new...that it cuold be solved.. by runing in Safe mode...and haveing an Av............. dammmmmmm...... stupid me :'( I lost alot of good music... then...

Hi

dam if I only new...that it cuold be solved.. by runing in Safe mode...and haveing an Av............. dammmmmmm...... stupid me
    Well sir, at least you seem to understand your personal limitations?

Some advice:

1. DO NOT attempt sarcasm or irony in a language in which you are not more than adept.
    2. Two years is so long in the current IT environment that your comment is as irrelevant as it was useless.

For your future reference "damn" is spelt "damn"

Good Luck