Thread: Password

Password

I have noticed that on one of my machines the password that I dial up with is different from the one that I put in there. I can connect with either one though. The second password is 5 charactors longer than my password. Now this may sound like a dumb question but how do I see what the other password is? And is this some worm/virus at work.

I will change my passwords immediately but will it help if there is some foul play here? I am running win xp on this machine with the xp firewall running. I also run regular scans with adaware and I use an update every Wednesday Norton Corporate. No joy on the scans.

Thanks

DON'T WORRY! Windows XP shows a random number of mask chars for the password. It probably wont be the same number as the password you put there. This is to fool hax0rs so they cant tell the length of your password by looking at the number of chars. It is not a worm,virus or any other malicious activity, it is just windows XP functioning properly.
    $person!=$kiddie or die(\"Alas, die you hotmail hacker!!\");
    SecureVision

Thanks, I run win 98 on my box, this is wifes machine so I was not really sure.

Unhappy

I had a prog that Showed the passes that are masked...... but I cant remeber the name of that prog......

http://www.atstake.com/research/lc/download.html

I have one called LC4 you can get it from the link above, the trial version is ok but is not fully functional if you register it (or find a registration key from somewhere) you wil get the full functionality which is pretty awsome.

Its also good for seeing what type of passwords are harder to break, you just change say your windows password and then run this program if it finds it you know you need a better one.

Even if you put in things like $^*)£" etc it can still tell you what it is!!

Try This Program SsBybass ,,,, It'll Fit you ,,,,,

Just make a search on yahoo or google ,,,,,

There used to be a program here in the AO archives called Revelation, you just drag a crosshairs over the ****** and it reveals them in a small window. Worked great for me.
    --Kristoph

try seaching for a software named "Password_Revealer_1[1].0.zip" in the sites

www.shareware.com
    www.downloads.net

after installing this program open the login box
    as the password appears wait for about a minute and the password will be shown to you
    runs on all windows os

if you can't find the software then the software size is only 43 KB . send me an email to saint_daiict@rediffmail.com and i'll mail the software to you

The Gaijin knows what you are doing. This could just be your undoing.

There is also a program called "iOpus password recovery XP", works like a charm and is easy enough that just about anyone can use it. I'm afraid I haven't got the time to find a link for you but just google for it and you should find it.

[Edited] Ok, took the time to look for it. You can find it here

http://www.iopus.com/

It seems they have started charging for it, as I seem to recall it was free but hey, I've been wrong before and I will probably be again.
    [shadow] Nobody\'s perfect, but I\'m damn close...[/shadow]

nice........ 10x for the links