Anonymous Remailer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anonymous Remailer

Anonymous Remailer

Hi Folks ,,,,

I Attached A file that contain A great Article about anonymizing your mails ,,,,

Try to get the most out of it ,,,,,

Cheers ,,,,,

Hi da_zero,

Yes, it is of interest, but does not seem that relevant to today's problems.

1. If I mail someone, I want them to KNOW who it came from, for certain.
    2. Anonymous mails will get deleted by a number of good security utilities/services?

A lot of current malware spoofs the sender's ID and the rest?

The only reason you would want anonymous e-mail is to SPAM these days? as malware will look at your .pst file or whatever, and see who things really came from?

Please explain what I might use it for?

Cheers

Originally posted here by nihil
    Hi da_zero,

Please explain what I might use it for?

Cheers

Harassment of course!

The simpliest way of sending anonymous email, IMHO, is just to run through an anonymous proxy and open one of the many FREE web based email accounts....

There are plenty of good reasons aside from spam to send anonymous emails, think about it for a few -- I could list quite a few things, but that wouldn't help you would it?

Star****ers|Inc

46&2 are just ahead of you...

Edit: lmfao...I just got around to reading the article, and go figure, if you read it it lists reasons other than spamming right @ the beginning of it, did you even read it or did you see the post was about anon remailing and jump down the guy's throat waiting to give him some neg. Aps? Either answer winds you up the **** creek =P

Hmmmmmmmmm

Star****ers...............don't list them on this site mate............you just might get negged.........but someone likes his thread cos he's got a lot of greenies for it.

That strikes me as ODD.......usually if you post something even five minutes late, you get told off.

THAT ARTICLE IS 1995!!!....................where I am right now we have 2003, how about you?

I guess I need to go back to that time travel thread on the Cosmos forum?
    Take care

And I did not Neg..........only commented

As one is supposed to?

Liberte Egalite Fraternite................get rid of the French flag old son, you are either a fake or a poseur (mon ami)

Hehehe..tx for the advice, but the entire world can neg me and I don't give a flying ****, I'm here for the info, and if I meet a couple people along the way that share my views, that's cool too. It's meaningless to *ban* someone from a site, they can always come back...so neg me all year long, when I post it's helpful when it can be, and I try to be as nice as I can be When ppl spout off like that, for no good reason...I just can't help myself. Though the article is seemingly severly dated, aka 1995, it's general info, hasn't changed over time, so it's still worth 5 minutes if you're bored.

Star****ers|Inc

Sorry, j'viens d'remarquer q't'aimes po mon drapeau francais? Desole mon pote, j'suis francais..tt a fait, t'm'suis la?

Hey Star****ers..................don't get all coy with me..........I guess I had noticed that a certain gentleman member whom I will NOT name due to his country of origin seemed a bit "out of date". I gave it some thought, as you suggested, and suspect that it might actually be a REAL issue in his country at this moment in time???

I guess we are too used to freedom? So we take it for granted? horrifying?

I most certainly wish him well, and we have to be a bit careful on his account, as this is an open forum?

BTW...........France will be stuffed in the Rugby World Cup I have that on good authorities.......and they are all Australian

Cheers Mate

LOL -- I can't argue much on the Rugby issue, though *stuffed* might be overdoing it a bit. We'll see. As far as you living in a free country, if AU is your country of origin, I'm not sure how it is down there. I live in the United States and recently finished reading George Orwell's 1984 and am looking at America's so called 'freedom' in a different light. Maybe I'll start a thread about it if I can be arsed, I figure a good number of people have read it...

Star****ers|Inc

Why use an anonymous remailer if you can do it yourself with telnet or a simple script on a server with an open SMTP port. It sounds like spamming that story about anonymous remailers, and if there's one thing that I hate is SPAM!
    [shadow]OpenGL rules the game[/shadow]http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=499

Ok nihil ,,,,,
    Why would YOU use remailers?

Maybe you're a computer engineer who wants to express opinions about computer products, opinions that your employer might hold against you. Possibly you live in a community that is violently intolerant of your social, political, or religious views. Perhaps you're seeking employment via the Internet and you don't want to jeopardize your present job. Possibly you want to place personal ads. Perchance you're a whistle blower afraid of retaliation. On the other hand, you might be an honest bureaucrat who invites whistle-blowers. Conceivably you feel that, if you criticize your government, Big Brother will monitor you. Maybe you don't want people "spamming" or "flaming" your corporate email address. In short, there are many legitimate reasons why you, a law abiding person, might use remailers.
    Hope you got the sence ?

Cheers

Hi cleanbash ,,,

Can you give us the way of mailing by using telnet ?

Thanx In Advance

Cheers ,,,,