Thread: NETBIOS Hacking, begginer level information

Talking NETBIOS Hacking, beginner level information

Alright, I was cruising google and found this nice little article. It's a good primer on NETBIOS and some of its security holes. More importantly it is an easy concept for newbies to grasp, and can be practiced on your own windows machine. Or even better, try it on your home LAN if you have one. Thid should go without saying, but I will say it anyway. Don't do anything stupid, don't forget about a little thing called IP Logging if you do something stupid, you will most likely get caught.

http://www.mycgiserver.com/~ethicalhackers/netbios.html
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

I read another interesting tutorial like this just a couple days ago.... I found it interesting though... Thanks for the information

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    I would just recommend Disabling NETBIOS and completely remove it would be the best thing.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    That would be great, except I use NETBIOS on my network at home. So then what do I do?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I would just recommend Disabling NETBIOS and completely remove it would be the best thing
    A majority of windows servers on the internet most likely do have netbios disabled, but what about the small office and home LAN's that still use it? Especially when it comes to windows 9x/ME?
    These are just the types of targets that novice hackers might go for, or a more experienced individual looking for a attack jump off point. so it is still practical to know the flaws and how to secure the netbios protocal. Disabling someting is not always the answer when it comes to security.
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

There is interesting tutorial on *NetBios* Newbios Guide To Netbios By CyberMagsa
    From http://www.hacknewbies.com

breakology.
    great link.explian much about netbios.
    thnx .
    coolcamel

I closed the evil trio of ports on my PC.
    Hi.