Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: win2003 price

win2003 price

hey guys. i am going to setup a webserver with win2003. can you tell me where can i get a legit copy of it and how much?
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes

i am NOT a hacker :Þ

I would go here first: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...y/default.mspx

You should decide which version of MS software you need (They now have a web version that costs less and is only for IIS) and you can find out pricing and purchasing options.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

You may also want to check around. If you're not going to use it for business purposes or are a little low on cash, you're going to find that M$ is going to take you to the cleaners.
    If you're learning, you can always grab trial versions. I know that they usually give you a trial version when you take a course on Windows. Maybe you could find something on Ebay?

The recent AITP conference I went to gave awa a copy of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition with 25 client access licenses. Completely amazed me as that is a thousand dollars in sfotware.

As far as companies carrying it, all you need to do is find a computer store and look in the software section.
    =

Or, you could be like Strong Bad and use CPM!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.homestarrunner.com

I know i promote that site alot but hey, it rocks. And I saw that dudes avatar was home star's face.

Also, if your really short on cash, because Windows server 2003 is more than $1200 dollars, you might try Free BSD running Apache, its free and works well.

have any of you guys already bought one for your own webserver? if so what particular store?

thanks guys
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes

Nope, didnt buy it, I had Microsoft send me the evaluation versiona and then I tricked the date during install so I can have it as long as I want. As many times as Windows 95 and 98 totally SCREWED me over in school papers, music, alot of stuff in general, I think thats the least I could do to get one back for the home team lol.

I took it off after a While anyway, its a fast and well done OS, but it really isnt as good as they say it is. The thing will lock you out of it after a few days uptime and when you got to log back in, it'll say you didnt use the right password.

It is fast though, kinda like a Linux box....Sorta. But yea there are a re annoyances left over.

i already have almost 40 small systems and one large system on another win2000 server. so im not planning to get another OS

I think that the Web Version of Win2k3 is supposed to be around $400. I am not sure if it allows you to host more than one website (Still looking for info) and I will wait on that before buying the OS.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)