info needed on TMKSRVL.exe, virus? spyware?

Thread: info needed on TMKSRVL.exe, virus? spyware?

info needed on TMKSRVL.exe, virus? spyware?

This executable seems to be making its way from Italy and Im starting to hear a little bit about it and I was wondering what anyone knows about it. Im thinking it is spyware from what I learned so far but some more facts would be appreciated.
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    http://www.hostclub.net/forums/showt...?threadid=8492 <-- this might help.. interesting discussion.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

http://www.hostclub.net/forums/showt...ht=TMKSRVL.exe

This is about all I could find.

Just had another thought, doesn't python require a .tlk library? If that thought is correct, then you maybe downloaded a python app that requires the interpreter to run?

I don't have my notebooks in front of me right now, and my memory fails me...

EDIT: lol mittens...you beat me to it!

MsMittens,

Yeah I found that article too and that what made me wonder what it exactly is. I dont actually have it on my computer, but my friend does and he was trying to get a serial #( im assuming he was at some shady site), he doesnt have ActiveX disabled either so I am assuming he said yes to some popup and got it installed.

Thats more of the reason I think its spyware.Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with python, and that the name itself is designed to confuse the host that this is a 'normal' porgram
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It could be like that Xupiter software that used to install without asking permission (drove me nuts when I was using Windows machines). It's curious that it seems to be "infecting" Italian users. Wonder what site has it installed?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage