Thread: Microsoft Becoming More Secure?

Microsoft Becoming More Secure?

In the most significant security announcement since Chairman Bill Gates unveiled the software giant's Trustworthy Computing Initiative, Ballmer told attendees during a keynote address at the software giant's first Worldwide Partner Conference in New Orleans that Microsoft will redouble its efforts to secure its users.

"Our goal is simple: Get our customers secure and keep them secure," Ballmer said in a statement. "Our commitment is to protect our customers from the growing wave of criminal attacks."

Found at: http://news.com.com/2100-1002-5088846.html?tag=cd_top

Looks like Microsoft is going to be emphsizing more prevention of troubles instead of fixing them as they come along.

This is the same talk they've always given. If they are going to be doing a "Windows Overhaul" to provide better security, then what the hell is did Trustworthy Computing Initiative do, and why all the hype about better security then. We've heard the talk about better security, and in all honest, windows security only got worse.

I say, ignore the talks, and wait for the results. I'm sure next year this same time, they'll be giving another talk about how they will be making things more secure and blah blah blah.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

agreed, its the same BS they have given before, who can say whether it will actually happen or not.
    speak your mind becuase those who matter don\'t mind and those who mind don\'t matter

I say, ignore the talks, and wait for the results
    I highly agree. Don't talk the talk unless you can walk the walk. Which I'm sure MS can do.
    --Kristoph