Thread: Lost Files/Trojans

Lost Files/Trojans

I was just wondering if anyone had noticed that loads of files that used to be around are really hard to get at, for example I used to use Sub7 around the office as a easy way to monitor people but since I deleted the server i havent been able to find it again. I used ti use illmob.org for certain files but that page is down at the moment.

I have many old files i would like to get hold of but i cant find anywhere, if anyone know where or why they've gone please say?

Cheers

They're not gone... you're just not searching correctly....

Besides... there are better monitoring/remote apps to use than sub7...

Have a look at VNC .

Yeah i was told it was and im gonna go for it as soon as i get back to work, only thing is im sure it leaves a icon in the taskbar which i dont want if i can help it. Is it an option not to have?

Rob

Realvnc says you can't do it without recompiling hte source... but I've found other places that say otherwise .

I've done a bit of searching and I gather that if you install vnc as a service (set to automatically run), you can delete the other startup item (which creates the icon) from the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

With tight VNC there you can do it by

Win32 TightVNC includes code from TridiaVNC distributions, and therefore it should include Tridia's modification to disable the tray icon. Here is a quote from TridiaVNC 1.3.3 announce:

Added registry flag to cleanly disable the tray icon on all platforms and in all modes without affecting other settings. The default is "0" and indicates that the tray icon should not be disabled. A value of "1" will suppress the tray icon for all users.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\DisableTrayIcon DWORD "0"
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\DisableTrayIcon DWORD "1"
    http://www.tightvnc.com/faq.html

I'm not too sure of the differences between these programs. You may want to do some reading of the FAQs and DOCs before you try them out.