Thread: On-Line Study

AO's Mr Grumpy

On-Line Study

Having recently started the CCNA, as it is included in my degree course, and enrolled in the Cisco Network Academy Program, our lecturer has said that the Cisco books for semesters 1-4, although recommended are not a requirement, as all available material is on-line, which it is.

But the problem arises with continuous on-line study. It is very demanding and it is easy to get distracted and go off surfing somewhere. Also, it is the only course that I have been involved in where frequent breaks are recommended, for a smoke coffee etc, except when involved with practical Lab Work. I have purchased the companion guide for the course, as I find it is easier to refer to than the on-line material, it also reinforces what has been studied on-line, and as i don't have a laptop, I can read on the bus etc.
    I think my point is, on a personal level, on-line study combined with more conventional methods works best for me

Yea i am working for my CCNA also , we are in the first semester.. And im gonna have to agree with you there. Online study is fun and easy .. Im half way through the first semester i have like a 94 average so yeah it's definetely something that's fun. But when you enjoy it , it's so much better .
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Yes I do definitely enjoy it, but could not use it as my only method of study, as I am too used to the more conventional methods of using books, note taking, lectures and tutorials, although, I must say our lecturer gives quite a comprehensive tutorial / lecture before each class starts. I only spend one full day a week in class on this
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

I took Cisco classes and we did it online. It worked well for me.
    --Kristoph

AO's Mr Grumpy
    The way it works for us , is that the Cisco work is completed and assessed and examined in the normal way, and if you wish to sit the CCNA exam, you pay for that yourself, and then you have to sit the University exam's which are of course based on the Cisco material
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

try checking if you can get some books from any cisco training centers, I got mine when I trained at training partners for ICND, and studied 1 month more on-line and with conventional approach. I flunked the fisrt tak *shees* but passed the second one...having to take it twice means having to shell out more bucks...
    anyway, people have their own way in absorbing knowledge, some may feel comfy with on-line studies, some are ok with the conventional ways, which ever way it may be, a combination of both is better. good luck!

Please, how can I be assistend in getting some of CCNA study material from you guys? Any please? I want to study CCNA too, but dont have means of enrolling myself to any of the online classes as I dont have means of making online payment from my country and I really want to hang my head to Cisco (CCNA Exam). please help guys!!!!!!1